RCA cables powering my amp

Bronze Member
Username: Bino317

Post Number: 23
Ok, Heres the problem I'm driving along fine one day, beating down the block as always. And my subs just cut off, I cut off my radio but I notice that the POWER is still glowing on the Amp, so I unplug the remote wire, and the power is still on, no proctection lights are on, no wires are crossed, but when i unplug the rca cables the amp cuts off, and the amp cuts on when i plug them back in, without the remote wire even hooked up!!! So what the hell is going on, the subs wont even make sound cause no signal from the rca cables i guess, but whats going on?
(equipment= Sony Explod head unit, Lanzar amp, Visonik speakers, Lighting Audio wiring)

Bronze Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 36
Re-wire everything. That sounds like a mess. Replace the rca's, the remote wire from the HU, and the speaker wire to the HU. Checkk the grounds and the power wire. THen check the subs to see if they are blown. Then make sure you have them at the correct ohm wiring.

Bronze Member
Username: Bino317

Post Number: 30
I did a test and I have my radio hooked up to a cig adpt.so i could keep my dash all orignal,I had the remote wire un hooked from the head unit ,i had the rca cables plugged into the Head Unit and as soon as i even touch the cigar lighter tip to metal or any type of ground the amp would power on, so I"m thinking the sheild to the HU is damaged and I should replace the radio, what do u think? Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2892
Check the ground wire on the amp to make sure it has a good connection. The amp might be grounding itself through the headunit (which will also damage the head unit if you leave it that way...).

Username: Cbtizzy

Fairfax, VA USA

Post Number: 1
Are you running your Powers and RCA's together, thats a big No No. I haven't had your porblem but that's a possiblity worth checking out.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6549
^^^Myth
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us