Quick kicker question.

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 118
Hey i was just wondering, i have 2 compvr's 12"
AND I WAS WONDERING IF ONE l7 would match the spl, ause its square and like 2x the power. i will eventually have a pair of l7's. how would a pair compair to a single 13w7?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 297
personally i wouldn't buy the l7. heard to many bad things of the solobarics having problems cause of the square design. don't know if it would beat a pair of cvr's, a pair definately would though. and a pair of l7's would kill a single 13w7 in spl but the sq would be horrible.

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

U.S.A.

Post Number: 374
Dont get an L7 I havent had any personal experience with them but my friend had one and it just stopped working,it wasnt being overpowered or anything it just died one day out of the blue.And I've heard of the same thing from other ppl about the L7 on this forum.

Bronze Member
Username: Shman

Michigan United States

Post Number: 41
i have a 10" L7 and an audiobahn A8000t and ive never had any problems with the square design even though its WAYY overpowered. it doesnt quite sound like 2 12's but at least like 2 10's if that helps any

Bronze Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 42
dont get the L7's tho, get 2 12" AA Arsenals. same wattage, better SQ

Silver Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 120
huh well what about the cvx's? same q's

Bronze Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 43
cvx's have the same magnet/ motor structure as the L7's just a different cone/basket. ive never heard one tho so i dont know about how they compare. i do know that they cost like double what the arsenal does tho

Silver Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 122
well im getting 300 dollers off cause i have the exchange thing at cc, so itll be lik110 for the l7 with replacment plan goin to bed now thought will check posts in the morning

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6528
get the L7's if u can get them that cheap

Bronze Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 80
Well, I have (2) 12" L7s ... and they haven't givin' me any problems! * Except findin' an amp to blow'em up *

1 L7 SoloBaric can kill a pair of CVRs * It was done at my store, used a sealed box with Max airspace * which is like 2.1 for L7 and 1.45 - 1.8 for the CVRs * And I believe in a ported it'll be the same result!
* I say get the L7... JUST DON'T UNDERPOWER THEM or IT!!!! <-- That's how they get messed up alot, we have alot of Solos that come back to our store b/c of that problem *

About the CVX:

Yes like Archie said " Same magnet, and drive structure ... only difference is the cone/basket " I've heard the CVX, 1 CVX in a 3.25cuft vented box... and the damn thing sounded GREAT! But I also heard the L7 in the same box... and you can tell which one got louder and deeper and which one had better SQ! The L7 gets EXTREMELY Louder and alittle bit Deeper than the CVX... but the CVX has nice SQ... The CVX is just the newer version of the " OLD SCHOOL ROUND SOLO BARIC - when solo barics first came out they were round, DUH! " ...

I hope that helped * talkin' from experience wise anyway *...

ANOTHER THING!!! * What people for understand sometimes about KICKER rms ratings *

Example: Kicker L7 ( 12" ) Solo-Baric
MAX watts: 1500
RMS watts: 750

The continuous power might be 750.. and that's acutally below the average power it needs! The max(1500) is to stop you from gettin' out of hand, but it CAN handle 1500 - 1750! 750watts(minimum/atleast) - 1200watts is excellent power for them... and they can handle that ALL DAY!!

AND HELL YEAH!!!... I wish I could have gotten mine that cheap!

Silver Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 123
i have a 1500wrms cadence z7000, whiich ive heard is underrated.... i think that would do it for a pair

Silver Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 125
bumpidy bump bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us