Treo ssi wiring

Bronze Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 18
im looking to run a pair of 12" treo ssi's off of two Audiobahn A1300HCT amps which are 1200 watts rms at 1 ohm(or at least i am wishing to.) would i need the 2 ohm or the 4 ohm version of the treo?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2534
dual 2 ohm, wire each sub in parallel for a 1 ohm load to each amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
do you think i would be better off with the Audiobahn A2300HCT which will send 2x1200 wats rms at 1 ohm and power both subs off of one amp?

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 824
i rather get one powerful amp than get two amps.

Bronze Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 76
the 2300HCT is only 900x2 at 1ohm. But you could get teh dual 4ohm Treos, and run them paralell at 1ohm and have the amp brindged and get 2400watts(which would b 1200 to each sub)
4 Ohm Stereo: 300 x 2
2 Ohm Stereo: 600 x 2
1 Ohm Stereo: 900 x 2
4 Ohm Mono: 600 x 1
2 Ohm Mono: 1200 x 1
1 Ohm Mono: 2400 x 1
^^theres the specs on the 2300HCT^^

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
so i would want to get the two A1300HCT to get 1200wats rms to each sub?

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 79
If you got the dual 2ohm Treos you would prolly want to get the A1300HCT to get 1200rms, b/c the 2300HCT would only give you around 900 to each sub unless you bridged the amp and ran them at 1/2 ohm, which could be done b/c 1/2ohm is the nominal impedance and it would more than likely be higher than that when playing b/c of impedance gain.
However, if you were to get the Dual 4ohm Treos, you could bridge the A2300HCT to one channel, and then run the subs at 1ohm. The amp would put out 2400rms, so that would be 1200watt rms to each sub.
It all depends on which VC config. you buy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
so to keep it as simple as possiable...ill go with the A1300HCT's

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 830
get the 2300HCT (if you want, i wouldnt suggest it) and then get (2)dual 4 ohms subs and wire it to 1 ohm. each sub will get around 1100 watts.

you never want to wire to a .5 ohm load unless your amp can take it (i.e jl 1000/1) so .5 is out of the question

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 831
to keep it as simple as possible, get the 2300 because when dealing with 2 amps it get harder to wire etc. just stick with one

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 82
Not suggesting this. But the Audiobahn should run at .5ohm. The A8000T is said to be 2ohm Stable but I've seen it hooked at .5ohm, but not for long periods of time.
Do like bass said and get Dual 4ohm and a A2300HCT. What is the rms on the Treo SSi and how much are you getting them for? im looking for sum treos.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
i have heard with the 2300 i will get 900 to each and i have also heard i can get 1100 to each. can i get a third opinion from anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 914
why would you wire a 1000/1 to .5ohm?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
they are rated at 750 rms i think but i have been told that they are underrated and can handle quite a bit more.

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 55
he said that cause he likes frying amps lol

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2543
yeah a jl amp cant be run below 1.5 ohms (well it probaably could run a 1 ohm but not according to spec) but one of the greatest amps to run at .5 ohm is the oldschool orions with the 275g4 i think it was i could compete in 1-300 but put out 2400w rms at .5 ohms!

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 83
Get the dual 4ohm SSIs and get the A2300HCT and this would be your easiest set up. Like bass said, 1 amp is easier than 2.
Where are you gettin the Treos?
I'm looking at 2 TSXs and I'm going to hook a audiobahn A8000T to each, but I've got an Optima for my system and a descent size alternator, so running 2 amps isnt going to kill my elec.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 833
i meant 1.5 - 4 ohm. LOL- my bad

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5628
even the orion's are not 1.2 ohm mono stable they are only 1 ohm mono stable, the same goes for old school Soundstream reference sries amps they are 1/2 ohm stereo stable not mono. How much are you getting the audicrap amps for? you are better off buying a decent amp (kicker 1200.1) for instance then two piece;s of cr@p well thats my opinion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
im deciding on weather to order the treo's off of mobilesoundworks.com or find a dealer that will get them for me cause my local shop will not. i beleive the warranty is void if they are ordered from an internet dealer though...that is why i would rather buy from a dealer.

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 85
Have you ever heard audiobahn amps? Most ppl hate their subs, but their amps are fine, and put out what they say. I've never had a problem with them.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 835
me neither but they dont put out the watts. the only ones that do i beleive are the intake series amps.

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 86
A8000T, A4002T, A8002T, A4004T are the only ones i've dealt with, idk about the intake series, but all these are great, I've never used a HCT series, but they should be good im assuming.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5629
yes I have heard many audiocr@p amps. Unreliable at best IMO. cheap cheap cheap! everyone says they pout out rated power but I have yet to see one that does or even come close. I would reccomend hifonics over them and I hate hifonics also. Instead of the two audiobahn amps get one decent amp you will be much happier in the long run.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us