Boat speakers..sorry if it's the wrong forum.

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 366
I want to put some better speakers in my boat. but I have no idea what I'm looking for. I know Infinity makes marine stuff(is it any good?) but who else? And any tips or suggestions you have to offer would be wonderful. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 972
you can also get some marine stuff from Bose as well. I am not a fan of their home or car speakers in the least, but their marine speakers are actually built to last and sound decent.

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
I will defenetly check those out thanks. any know any others? like to get some options going.

thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1809
i heard some Rockford Marine stuff in a boat the other day, sounded nice. they had about 8 speakers and 3 10's, don't remmeber the amp models, but all Rockford.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1367
doesnt jl make some marine stuff idk thouhg never heard any marine stuff

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1816
yeah, JL makes Marine stuff. haven't heard any of it though.
http://marine.jlaudio.com/products_pages.php?page_id=2

Silver Member

Post Number: 369
guys i thank you all for the info. to bad you havn't heard the jl stuff. again thanks guys. much help.

Username: Wingback2

Post Number: 1
I am looking to do the same in a 23' open bow, though I am just going to go with non-marine 6.5's (leaning towards Kappa's) and a pair of 5.25s in the front that i built removeable boxes for that we hang over the bow when we are in the water. We are from the midwest so I am not all that concerned about the horrible corrosion. Though the 5.25's I would like to get marine. Does anybody make a good 5.25 marine speaker? I saw Polk MOMO's were, does anybody else?

Silver Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 219
just go with jl what dont they make good lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 371
Yeah, my boat is a 23' foot bow rider as well. was looking into the kappa marine stuff. afraid to go none marine since i'm in florida and the humidity here kills us. I could only imagine what they'd do to the speakers. not to mention we keep our boat at a marina, it has a dry slip, but it isn't my garage.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us