What kind of amp?

Username: Don_beeski

Bourbonnais, IL Kankakee

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to put a system together. I've been out the game for 8 years and I'm just now getting back into it. I'm thinking along the lines of Kicker. Is the kx 1200.1 better or the sx 1250.1? Is it better to use 2 ohm or 4 ohm subs for this kind of amp?

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 820
sx:

312 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 Ohms
625 Watts RMS x 1 @ 2 Ohms
1250 Watts RMS x 1 @ 1 Ohm

kx:

600W x 1 @ 2 Ohm
1200W x 1 @ 2 Ohm
1200W x 1 @ 1 Ohm

for each amp you will need the (2) DVC 4 ohm subs, and then wire them to a 1 ohm load. This is all for 2 subs (if you want to)

There isnt one that is better than the other. They are both great amp, its just that one claims to put out a bit more power. i would get the KX though because you can wire it to 2 ohms or 1 ohms and they both put out the same power.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 821
kx:

300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
1200 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm

the site gave me the wrong specs for the kx1200.1. these are the real specs. so they both are basically thr same. no real differences. forget what i said about
"wiring it to 2 or 1 ohm and getting the same power"

Bourbonnais, IL Kankakee

Post Number: 5
Thanks for the info. It's a step in the right direction.

Bronze Member

Bourbonnais, IL Kankakee

Post Number: 11
I just bought 2 Kicker comp vx 12" subs. What amp should I use for these. I'm hearing the zx1500.1 where can I find 1? also is the 2500.1 to much power?

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 836
yes. the 2500 is too much power. I'm assuming you got the DVC 4 ohm subs correct? you can find them just google it. except they are like 800-900 bucks. wait till some company puts it on ebay for like 600. you'll be happy with this setup

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 837
"I'm assuming you got the DVC 4 ohm subs correct?"

i meant DVC 2 ohm version

Bronze Member

Bourbonnais, IL Kankakee

Post Number: 13
No i got the 4 ohm is that bad?

Username: Bartizillah

Post Number: 1
HEY WHATS GOING ON GUYS? I HAVE JSUT BEEN GIVEN TWO 15" KICKER L7'S ALONG AS TWO audiobahn A8002T amps, WILL THIS PROVIDE THE POWER I NEED TO RUN THE SUBS?

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 842
brandon - that 2 ohm would have been ideal if you wanted the zx1500.1 because you could wire it to a 2 ohm load and get 750 per sub.

now you need a diff. amp. dont worry, there are so many great amps that put out 1500 @ 2.

i would find some amps for you but i gotta go

Bronze Member

Bourbonnais, IL Kankakee

Post Number: 19
I'm still searching for an amp to power my 2 cvx 12s. It was sugested a zx2500.1 amp. Is there any other sugestions out there? I want to make sure that i get the right setup.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us