12" Vs 15" L7

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 201
Is there a real big difference between these sizes cuz right now i got a 12" L7 and im over powering it with the new kicker zx1000.1. So i know this amp is a better match for the 15". But is there really a big difference in sound how much louder is the 15" to the sub if its louder. And also what would be a better choice 2 12" L7's or just 1 15" L7 what would be louder in ur opionon.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 203
Bump

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1969
15 would give you a deeper sound

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 240
but 2 12" would be louder .

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 205
How much louder is 1 15" to 1 12" is it a big difference

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 209
bump

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 214
bump

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 116
there is some stupid rule of thumb for that its like 3db's louder with each size up i heard I HEARD i dont know its just a guide line

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 117
there is some stupid rule of thumb for that its like 3db's louder with each size up i heard I HEARD i dont know its just a guide line

Bronze Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 81
A 12" L7 will get louder than the 15" L7 ... considerin' that the 12" Solo-Baric has a wider Freq. response! and also, the 12 actually gets deeper in some cases... The 15" L7 is a MASSIVE sub but doesn't have the best range. 15s are meant to RUMBLE!! and that's exactly what it's goin' to do... RUMBLE!!

I've heard a 15" L7 in a ported box w/ a Kicker SX1250.1 ... That was an awesome sounding envoy!! ( Custom made box the fit the specs. of the envoy and the sub - of course you can't really get any better than that! )
BUT!!!!!
I've also seen (2) 12" L7s in a 36 x 18 x 16 ported box w/ the same amp (SX1250.1) break all windows in a 4-runner: WINDSHIELD, BACK SLIDE-DOWN GLASS, THE 2 OTHER WINDOWS, REGULAR 4 WINDOWS, AND THE SUN ROOF!... The 12s get LOUD, DEEP, and have TIGHT, LONG BASS!!!

Hmm... In other words, I'D GO W/ THE (2) 12" L7s

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 215
I think if i would go with 2 L7's I would have to upgrade my amp again cuz i have a kicker zx1000.1 amp and if i get 2 12" L7's I wont be puttin enough power to it cuz that would be 1500 watts. but the 15" is the perfect match for the amp I have. So am I gonna here a big differnce between 1 12" and 1 15" cuz right now i have 1 12" and just wanna know if i would hear a big differnce with the 1 15"

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 216
bump

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1213
in most cases, if you listen to just mostly rap, then a 15 would probably be the best to hit those real low notes. However, the 12 should still get decently low. I suggest just keeping the 12, and if you want to upgrade, just get another 12. Unless you wanted to go real crazy, get 2 15's

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 217
yea that is all I listen to is rap music so i guess I made the right choice of getting a 15" instead.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 218
bump

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 82
I, personally, say stick with the 12!

Simply b/c since you listen to rap music... I do also, I live in the dirty south... Soo, That's ALL I listen to!

A 15 will only give you the extreme low notes... That's basically it!... 15 are BS when it comes to the higher bass notes, and most rap song now have high bass notes... The 12 has a better, more evened out range of frequency! It'll get LOW and HIGH... and there won't be any missed notes either... the L7 15 is known to miss a couple notes from time to time! ESSPECIALLY AT HIGH VOLUME! I guarantee the 12 will hit every note you throw @ it...

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 219
any other opinons did anybody ever hear a 15" L7 how does it sound cuz I never heard one yet. I only the 12" cuz i owned one before

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 83
<--- I own an L7 15...

2005 model L7 15" Solo-Baric ( 2ohm DVC )
Single 15" SuperBass Probox
JBL1201.1 Grand Touring Amp (2047 rms @ 1ohm)

It BANGS THE HELL OUT OF MY 4 RUNNER!! But, it misses a few notes on certain songs... I love it, but I'd go w/ the 12" version ANY DAY!

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 220
Yea i have the 12" and it seems like that misses notes to so idk what the differnce is its like when a higher note hits it sounds really funny but when the lower notes hit its incredible, and plus right now I have a zx1000.1 amp which is benched at 1172rms which is way overpowering the 12" so thats the main reason im switching to a 15". So thats why I wana know info about the 15" like how loud does it get and does it hit really hard. and does it hit harder then the 12"

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 471
why don't you change subs?

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 222
What do u mean why don't I change subs, thats why I'm getting a 15" L7 cuz its the perfect power for my amp. I just wanna know does it hit really hard and does it get really loud.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 223
All I care about its SPL I love incredible pounding bass I don't need SQ that bad.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us