MTX thunder 942 seeking comperable subs

Username: 69_ohm_stable

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, I am a new guy, and I have seen alot of helpful advice given out around here so i was hoping that I could recieve some myself. I have two amps: MTX Thunder 942 for my subs and MTX Thunder 684 for coaxials. Origionally I wanted to run two compvr12's but I have recived several different opinions on what I should run. So what do you guys think? Is my amp strong enough to power to eclipse aluminum 12's, two alpint type R 12's, and two solo baric L5 12's? Lastly, which is the best sub for SQ with still a bit of a boom?
Compvr 12
Eclipse 12 (aluminum)
Alpine type R 12
Solo Baric L5 12
Diamond Audio D3 12
Memphis M1 12
and lastly 3 JL 10w3v3's
I have never run 10's in my car but a few guys say that running three v3's would sound better than any of these subs being powered by the same 900 watts. What do you guys think? I appreciate the help.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 363
http://www.eclipse-web.com/sw7000/sw7200.html

these would be a great SQ setup and they would match your amp perfectly. out of the subs on you list i would get these. i think the next best would be the type r's or diamond D3's, the cvr's are pretty decent too but more spl than sq. the jl 10w3v3's would prolly be louder because there are 3 but they don't match you amp. definately don't get the L5 because they have terrible sq. i have not heard the memphis sub.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us