Question about light dimming

Bronze Member
Username: Zepcoe

TN Us

Post Number: 82
I just took my cap off to see if my alt could handle my wattage and right now i only have (1) 1500watt amp hooked up but im getting a second and with only one i am having a little bit of light dimming but only a little bit i dont want to buy a HO alt. so should i just put keep cap off till i get second amp and then put cap back on? or what

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3671
zepcoe. nate from excessive is having a group buy next month for ecoustics people. you should take him up on his offer. if you want to get loud you will need an alternator. lights dimming will only be the first of problems to come.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 289
"I just took my cap off to see if my alt could handle my wattage"

that makes no sense to me at all.

"i dont want to buy a HO alt. so should i just put keep cap off till i get second amp and then put cap back on?"

now i am not the smartest on this forum but to me this sounds like you're going to add a 2nd 1500wrms amp to your stock alt. and then think adding a cap is going to protect the alt. didn't you ask this question before about the caps? i remember sending you that link about caps. and others telling you to upgrade the alt. i think you have a few options, imo:
1) stick with what you got now, which will eventually kill the alt.

2) add the second amp, put the cap. on and definately kill your car.

or

3)take everyone advice, buy the ho alt., then upgrade the system

i'd chose option 3. why spend all that money on equipment and not have the power to run it? why don't you just give me all your $ instead.lol
not trying to sound like a d!ck, but just trying to help out.

Bronze Member

TN Us

Post Number: 83
dude ct why you so mean im just asking a question im new to the car audio sh*t and chad what you mean by " nate from excessive is having a group buy"

Bronze Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 95
I think he means that Nate from Excessive Amperage ( The company that builds HO alts. ) is going to have a group buy (a lot of people buying stuff at the same time) for people here on ecoustics. This means that you will get a good price for a HO alternator.

Bronze Member

TN Us

Post Number: 85
let me know when this happens plz

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2423
Zepcoe, your name should be 1st on that list.. :-)
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/217018.html

like CT Mike said man... u want us to do magic? I dont think he is being mean; just tellin u what it is... its your money, your investment. Live with it!

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3676
zepcoe, before you get anything else for your system, get that ho alt. you will not regret.

GET THE HO ALT. this is the best time to get it cause its not like nate is going to have this group buy all the time. also what kinda car do you have? i know you told me before but i forgot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us