Follow up to HELP!

Bronze Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 72
OK. I had posted a thread in here about my subs not working and a lot of you tried to help me, THANK YOU ALL. I figured out what it is. It is the way I have the subs wired. So i have put up some pics of the way I have them wired. Looka nd tell me what I did wrong. Thanks.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 73
Anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 601
Are those both positive ends? and I've never seen a sub with 3 terminals on one end....you shouldn't be having both positive and negatve going to ONE voice coil....bad.

Check out:
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp

For help on how to wire

Bronze Member
Username: Super_mario

Post Number: 16
do you have that positve wire connected on the negative terminal?

Bronze Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 75
Okay. Let me break it down. I have four posts on each voice coil. I have a wire from one voice coil's positive to the othe vc's pos. Then I have one a wire from one vc's neg. to the other vc's neg. Then from one vc I have a pos. wire to the box terminal then to the pos. on the amp. Then from the other vc I have a neg. wire to the box terminal then to the neg. on the amp. Does this clear things up? I am trying to run parallel/parallel. Dual 6ohn vc. The amp will see 1.5Ohms.Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Super_mario

Post Number: 20
i dont think that you can make a 1.5ohm load like that. If you want 1.5ohms you need to it wire each sub paralle into 2 channels. If you still want it as a single channel set up you will either get 3 ohms or .75. Here is a drawing for the 3 ohmUpload

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7403
Upload

Bronze Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 76
OK. THEY WORK. Figured out that it was just the wiring. Had them wired wrong. I think I had some of the pos and negs mixed up also. Thank you all for all of your help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us