What amp should I use for 2 12" Alpine type "R" subs?

The subs I'm getting are 4 ohms and the amp I'm lookings at is 300 watts in 4 ohms. Would that be a big enough amp or should I go bigger. Any feeback would be helpfull.

Thank You

Yo if your going to push 2 type-r's you want to go with big power. You can do really well with a 1200 watt mono block amp. The type-r is rated at like 350 watts rms. The daul voice coil 4 ohms will handle the JBL BP 1200.1 amp which is rated at 600 watts rms at 4ohms and 1200 watts rms at 2 ohms in which the type-r's will hadle it at 2 ohms on each coil. My suggestion would be the JBL 1200.1. Go to IKESOUND.COM and check it and its feedback out. The amp is a really great deal also @ only $275.00 with free shipping.

matt
doing that, how long will the subs last. 1200 watts is a sh|t load of power, I want my subs to last. I think Ill go with 2 Alpine class-d 300 watt mono 2 ohm amps.

i had 2 dual 4 ohm type r 12s and a crunch 1200 watt amp that was rated at 600x2 at 4. and they hit pretty nice

i got 2 12" type R's what kind of amp should i got with and how many watts to each one should i push

Anonymous
a RF 801s

i got 2 12'' alpine type R's ina ported bandpass, but i think u should hook you up a BD1000 to them, and drop it to 2 ohms...youll get your moneys worth...belive me =)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us