Memphis vs massive

Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 4
ok, i went to a dealer and ordered a memphis 1100watt, today i called him to see if it was in and he said, "no but i have a 1500watt mumble" i thought he said memphis., so i go in there and he pulls out a Massive amp,i read it and it says 1250watts, so i go ahead and put it in my car... its definately not what i was hoping for and i feel like i wasted 400$ does this massive amp compare at all to the memphis or is this what i can expect

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1068
what model is it

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2345
NO it doesnt compare to Memphis...
run go get your money back.. U got jipped...

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 5
16-MCD1000- memphis amp
D 100x- massive amp

they will be pushing two memphis M3's.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2347
I REPEAT

NO it doesnt compare to Memphis...
run go get your money back.. U got jipped...

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 9
ok my bad, how about if the memphis was a PR1000
the power reference little guy, then would that massive be better?

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 599
I would still go with the memphis...I have NEVER heard of massive...even if it was a 2000rms massive amp...go with the memphis. You can get a 2000rms Pyramid amp...doesnt mean its worth the $150...lol

Bronze Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 12
well, i already have the massive in and it seems to be a pretty damn good amp, it doesnt dim my lights, im gonna check my power with a voltmeter later today so ill tell you about it. the dealer said it was a great amp, but when i raise 600 bucks im gonna buy that 1100d memphis

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2419
if u get the PRD1000, switch the fuses out to 40a fuses.. the amp will put out about 1225rms.. The mc1100d is also underated... The memphis amp will give you a way better sound!

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 415
doesn't matter if an amp is good and doesn't make you dim the lights cuz that depends on the amount of power he requires to work and depends on your electrical system, here you can see tons of people with great amps and their lights dim and that doesn't says that their amp is bad because makes it dim, so...

Gold Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1082
ive herd some of the massive amps are pretty solid

Bronze Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 13
well yeah, but if an amp is putting out over 1200 rms without dimming the lights, id say thes pretty efficient. right?

Gold Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1093
or you just have a sufficient electrical system

Bronze Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 16
well i was running two legacy 4000max 600rms amps and my lights pretty much turned off, thats why i had to get a new, better amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Alexv3305

Tavernier, FL United States

Post Number: 48
troy i still say ur a moron. lol efficiency doesnt mean much because even if the massive amp was 100% efficient it would need about 86 amps to power it. and im sure that alternator in the lexus is not big enough to power that. whats happening is you probably wired the subs to a wrong impedence, or that amp doesnt put out 1250w RMS. im sure that memphis amp would hhave made your electrical system gone mad.

Bronze Member
Username: Bad_azz_bowtie

Post Number: 21
i've had my massive audio amp for awhile and they are tooo touchy..like if it dosent just get the right amoutn of elctricity or something is just barely loose or comes loose it goes into protect mode... now i paid 300 for a p1500.1 which is 1500 rms and 3000 max.. so they say.. but..so you defentaly got jipped

Bronze Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 88
yea bro git ur moneys back
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us