12" arsenal vs. L7

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 350
have not heard arsenal. which sub which sub will be louder in comparable enclosures with 800wrms? my guess is the L7, but are they close in spl?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2485
yes, id say they are close. it will come down to the instalation. ive seen some L7 installs that did not impress me... and ive seen some that did.... id get the arsenal wayyyy before the L7 though. i think everyone would agree but chauncy... haha just bustin ya chops chauncy.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2782
i would buy something that would last longer and sound better, even if it wasn't as loud, any day of the week.

Bronze Member
Username: Shman

Michigan United States

Post Number: 27
while we're on AA, what do u think would be a better setup:
1) A8000t/ single 12" arsenal?
2) A8000t/ 2 12" assassins?
3) A8000t/ single 10" Kicker L7 (lol, thats what i got now... not so loud...)

plus im kinda set on having a ported box but im open to recommendations, im not so picky about SQ, as long as that $hit gets loud...
oh yeah, its going in a '91 Prelude (ridiculously small trunk...)

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2487

Bronze Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 28
why's that? it does have 20.5mm Xmax, but 2 assassins with 15.5 each? i think that the 2 12's would move more air... maybe im wrong but it makes more sense to me. please explain

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2792
AIRSPACE.....a box for 2 12's would take up more room in your prelude trunk than a box for 1 12.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2793
.....5mm of Xmax can make a difference too. :-)

Bronze Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 29
but thats only one sub with 5mm more... wouldnt having 2 assassins mean 31+ total Xmax compared to 20.5 for a single arsenal? do you think that having the 2 assassins in a sealed box would be better than having them in a ported box with the space i have?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2797
not sure what size box is needed for either...just going on General knowledge...

i would rather have 1 t.o.l. sub than 2 subs of a lesser caliber....NOT to say they aren't any good...ppl like to take offense to almost anything these days. lol

i would personally get the 12" Arsenal in a ported box and call it a day.:-)

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2492
actually, i read it as 2 12 inch arsenals lol. and i was like thats pointless to get 2 and give them 400w each. so the 2 assasins vs the 1 arsenal would be a great matchup... the 2 assasins should win due to SA though.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2809
w/e.

get whatever you want.:-)
it your system anyway.....opinions are like a.s.s.holes.....lol

Username: I_want_to_pound

Post Number: 2
see i got one 12 inch L7 that is powered by a crappy sony xplod 1000 watt amp and it pounds harder than 2 15 inch rocksford fosgate i had and i aint got to worry about air space 1986 monte carlo
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us