Pioneer AVIC-Z1

Username: Madcock

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 2
Pioneer AVIC-Z1, A great piece of electronics as long as your sitting still. I have owned 5 gps units and never have been this dissatisfied. The AV is wonderful, you can use all AV menus while traveling except Video (who cares I can't watch movies and drive anyway) but why they would not let me pick a POI while driving boggles the mind. On my first trip last week (16 hours of windshield time) I found myself having to pull off the interstate a number of time to stop so I could change a simple option or look up a place to eat or dim the screen as it got dark (that bright screen became a safety issue). My $300 Streetpilot from Garmin is easier to use. Now that I have spent $ 2200 I have to hope someone comes up with a way to bypass this ugly issue.

Username: Erniett

Careful what you ask for Mark. My posts keep getting deleted from another board for asking the same question.
But I do totally agree with you. You can't even change destinations states unless you are standing still. What good is that if you are on a road trip, or like me, live less than an hour from three different states?

Username: Wildbill30

Seguin, Tx United States

Post Number: 1
I have it..... All you need to do is when you start your car . Before the system realy boots (when the back light comes on)up turn your head lights on and off three times. This will allow for video play while driving. The nice thing is that when you turn off your car and restart the vehical if you dont do the head lights it will resort to factory settings. Make sure your illumination wire is hooked up though. Good luck and lwt me know how you like it.

Username: Over40

Corona, CA USA

Just got the Z1 and I want to use the POI while driving also. Will the headlight thing work for this too. I guess I will try in the morning.

thanks

Username: Over40

Corona, CA USA

Post Number: 3
I guess I am not doing the light thing correctly. It did not work the way I did it. I turned the lights from Auto to off 3 times. Am I supose to flash my brights or something? I am also having trouble with uploading my images for backgounds on the screen. I copied 3 JPG images to a CD-R and inserted it into the drive. It recognized it as a CD-R. When I got the to backgound options, the upload images option was grayed out???

What am I doing wrong?
:-(

Username: Metech

Portland, OR US

If you lightly engage the parking break you can have everything as well...

Username: Yazidneely

In order to watch the AV source in the AVIC-D2 or to have all the NAVI function while driving you must do the following:
1. Ground the original parking wire (Must Do)
2. There will be a open pin in the wiring harness under the ground wire. You must also ground this pin. I just pulled the wire out from the cellular mute pin and stuck it in the new pin and grounded it.
***This does work! No soldiering necessary. I just installed it into my car!****
P.S. I heard this also works on the Z1

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3480
Yeah, this board also deletes the post because it promotes illegal activity I just realized.

Username: Comparetto21

Forest lake, Minnesota United states

i dont understand what do you mean about grounding a wire and using pins. sorry i'm a little slow when it comes to this stuff. please help

Username: Bigwweb

BROOKLYN, NY

I want to unlock video while car is in drive. since i purchased an upgrade disc for my N1 to perfom like a N3 i am unable to view while driving. also my brake wire is grounded whatelse should i do?

Username: Ruict

1. Ground the original parking wire (Must Do)
do you mean, the light green brake wire from the pioneer radio ?

please advise

Username: Perstempo

Does anyone have a fix for the Z2s yet?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us