Type R's

Bronze Member
Username: Hunterjames

Post Number: 33
I got 2 typeR's.... what kinda box would they sound best in?? im puttin them in my 2000 honda civic 2 dr.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 266
ported. i had mine in sealed box and they weren't very impressive, then put them in a ported box tuned to 32hz. and they improved alot!

what size amp you going to use? whatever you do give them at least 550wrms each to make them move, they sound horrible underpowered.

Bronze Member
Username: Hunterjames

Post Number: 35
I got 2 jbl grand touring amps, each rated at bout 580wattz rms... nothing that great jus somethin to keep me goin for now

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 267
580 at what load? just make sure you bought the right type r's for the amps.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2472
ummm that makes no sense that they dont sound good underpowered. what do you think is happening when you have a 500w amp hooked up to them and your at half volume? they are only seeing like 100w rms. maybe you had an amp with not enough power and you were clipping it. but yes, of course, you'll want to give them atleast 500w rms for the best performance.

Silver Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 152
I read somewhere R's sound better ported. When I had mine installed I couldn't use the box I wanted at the moment since it was taking forever to make... so I went sealed and it sounded alright, but after they went into the ported box it was much improved.

http://mypage.iu.edu/~dawesten/System/Trunk2.jpg
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us