Alpine is Still JUNK!!

Username: Dadummy

Post Number: 1
I posted back in March about the alpine cda-9833. I had been through two of the cda-9833 in just over a year, and sent units out for repair three times. Alpine sent out a refurbished cda-9855. Well, it's been in use just over a month and it the H.U. no longer powers up. I just got through tearing apart the dash board one last time. First I checked all the fuses and wiring under the hood and everything was goood, then I checked all the fuses on the interior. SO, once again, removing the unit to check the fuse on it. Fuse looked good,so I checked the power lead to the unit and it has power. I checked the ignition lead and yup, power there too. I took the fuse out of the turn signals and put in the head unit, both fuses are good. I tried the reset button on the face of the unit.
Earlier today I paused the cd player turning into a residence, then turned off the vehicle. A couple hours later, head unit will not power up.
so the moral of the story,

DO NOT BUY ALPINE!!!!!

and the kicker of it all. I bent the hood of the truck, being frustrated I let the hood slam, right on a pair of pliers.

so the moral of the story!!!

is do not ever again put another alpine product in your vehicle and friends don't let friends buy alpine

have a great day!!

Bronze Member
Username: Bigsim

Post Number: 43
That sucks, I've heard a lot of good things about the 9833 and the 9835, so it sucks you got a bad one. The newer glidetouch units and 2006 models have had a lot of bad reviews but.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 549
Upload u must be crazy....cuz i have a cda-7897 and it is a refurb....havent had any problems....

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1783
Alpine isn't all that bad, but this isn't the first story like this i've heard. newer stuff isn't good feature wise as their older stuff and for the money, theres better out there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us