What should i have it set @>?

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 493
i have a PA ov2-300 powering my infinity 6.25's (reference series 60rms) the amp is 70x2 @4ohms(there overated so the extra 10watts wont hurt...rite?) and i have the bass boost off and there is a LPF and HPF switch (with one a spot in the midlle of both that says full(im guessing its both) but my question is what should i have it to LPF(when its one LPF it sounds like sh!t, b/c im pretty sure its for subs) on HPF it sounds good, then in the middle i like the bass and sq it does...my question is there are settings for each filter setting what should i have it set too? http://poweracoustik.com/gothicseries.html
thanx in advance

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1762
10 extra watts shouldn't hurt if they are clean.

you can either set the amp on full, and use the HU crossovers, or turn the HU crossovers to full and use the HPF on the amp. set either to about 80-100Hz.

HPF allows frequencies above the set frequency to get to the speakers, and LPF lets the frequencies below the set frequency to the speakers. HPF is for speakers, LPF is for subs.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 494
bradon, is it bad for your speakers (and amp) to have the gain(voltage) set lower then the preout voltage on the h/u i know its bad to have it higher then the h/u but what about lower, cuz on my one amp i got it lower h/u=2.5 and its around 1.5 and it sounds the best @ this point...and another question there is no markings as to what the range is on the PA amp on the amp itself and there is not info on the website, could u make a guess as to what the range would be....thanx

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1793
lower, no, thats fine. higher, yes, because it'll start clipping and damage the amps or speakers. set it where it sounds best.

if theres no markings, try to play it by ear but be careful. turn the HU 3/4 of the way up with the amp gains all the way down. then slowly turn up the amp gains till you start to hear some distortion or you get it to the volume you like. if you hear distortion, stop and turn it back down a little.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 495
thanx alot brandon...ya thats how ive been setting it (by ear with the h/u @ 30, it goes to 40) but thanx for clearing up the question about the gain in comparision to the pre amp voltage...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us