Box help

Bronze Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 16
i have 2 12" memphis power reference subs with a sealed box, these subs are only 250 watts rms to begin with and having them in a sealed box isnt helping anithing, so im wanting a dual, ported box, with separate chambers....What do i need to pay attention to? Hz's?cubic feet? i know that that stuff is important but how important is it that i stay close to the factaory recommendations? And how do i know that my subs will fit? most places dont list the diameter of the holes, and the mounting diameter for my subs is actually 10.76 inches. i dont really want to buy a box and then find out that my subs dont even fit.

Bronze Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 57
A friend of mine has those same subs in a slot ported box and they sound good. He just bought a regular box from a store and they fit in fine, not sure wat its tuned to. His doesnt have separate chambers either, but if I was you i would definately got with that. Talk to Marshall White he can design boxes for you. what kind of amp do you have on them? b/c we were putting about 400watts rms @2ohms to each one of his and they would pound, and seemed like they may be able to take more.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
i got a power acoustic amp....i know they arent too good, but they are good power for how cheap they are. its 2 channel 300 watts rms per ch. at 2 ohms, ive never really turned it up too loud though im afraid id blow em , but i went to a dealer that had the exact same subs hooked up in his store as me and he was putting 1000 true watts to 2 of them subs, he turned em on and they were really really loud...he also said that if i get a ported box that they will be twice as loud as mine are now almost...so that why im lookin into gettin a new box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
help anyone?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
anybody know a marshall white? or maybe want to give me some advice here? i need it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
anyone out there?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
anyone out there?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help