Wich one is the best batterie

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 439
i wnet to murrays and i saw a 1000 amps for 79 it was a gold rated duralast and a same 1000 amps optima red top and a 750 yellow top so i decided to buy the red top cuz it was strenger than the yellow top and better heat and vibration resistance than the duralast did i make a good choice or it was better the yellow top i dont hink os cuz the yellow top was 169 and had 750 amps and the red top 129 and 1000 amps so i think is stronger but wats the difence between these two batteries i know red top is for starting, but im using it as my main batterie and using my ol batterie wich is a 850 amps in the back for extra juice for my amps so i think i did a good choice wat u think

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 440
anyone have an opinion

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2462
dont use a regular battery inside the cabin of your car, toxic gasses can be realeased. a yellowtop should be used inside the car and under the hood (yellows are better than reds) but kinetic makes even better batteries. im getting a monster tomorrow :-)

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 980
its spelled "battery", "stronger", "difference".

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 441
wat if i put a red top for starting and a yellow top for the cargo next to my amps

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 341
how hard would it be to run 16v racing batteries? what amps can take 16 volts?

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 442
i dont know but i have the thing that reads the volts and im doin 15.9 is this any good

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1063
all amps will take 16 volts. thats not the problem though.. your alternator charges at 14.4 volts.. runnign a 16 volt system would be a big waste of time, because everything else in your car runs of 12v , so it would be alot of work. red under the hood and yellow in the back would be a good choice

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2468
^^yes

a 16V battery can only put out what it has in it. if its being charged at 14.4 volts it will not give 16V to your amps. you will be undercharging the battery the whole time, not the greatest thing to do. just get a good 12V based battery.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 447
so the red for starting and the yellow instead of a cap so i will buy a yellow top and remove my cap can i use my 2 year ol 850 amps batterie maintaince free that was in my car trevo told me that gasses will come out but i saw a plastic container for those kinds of batteries that has only holes for the cables so that will make my batteries act like they were sealed can i do that just for now and when i have the money ill buy a yellow top for the cargo area and i will take out the 850 amp and replace it for a yellow top that will be a good ideea?? temporary idea??

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1066
that doesnt sound like a good idea,, the gas releases for a reason and if you cut that off bad things will happen

Bronze Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 60
Unless you're going to be bumping your system with the power off, two batteries isn't going to do you any good.

Do not remove the cap and replace it with a battery, the cap will charge faster than the battery and therefor it will provide power when the battery and alt. cannot.

Having two batteries means the alt. will have to charge two of them, which will take longer, and if you have a large bass hit and no cap.. you could run into complications with your power system "dimming" or becoming unstabled enough to hold your amps.

Use the red top battery, keep your bass cap in line and only add a second battery if you intend to use your system while your car is off.

If you choose to keep the second battery, you can use the standard battery in the trunk/rear of the vehicle, get the box for it and MAKE SURE to run the vent from the box to the outside of the vehicle. This is a must if you intend to keep the second battery.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2483
not totally true, if you are encountering dimming a second battery is of higher priority over a cap. the cap will just make the situation worse. but the BEST option is to get a HO alternator. if you want a great small product get a xstatic batcap 800. its 70% battery and 30% cap. it works great. kinetic also has a product like that i believe.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 452
where can ni get a batcap
wat if i put a redtop for starting then run a thick waire to a cap then another batterie my standar maintenaice free 850 amps battery and then to my amps and the standar batterie will be sealed but wit a hole for ventilation that will be better right

redtop 1000 amps 850 cca+3.2 farad cap+standar 1000 amps 850 cca=amps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us