Lost interior Power

Username: Sleddawg_77

Post Number: 1
I bought my husband a new stereo system for our car. We have a 2001 Mercury Sable. All the fuses work. We somehow lost our interior power. We can not roll up the windows or lock the doors and the trunk will not open. The battery works. We can start the car and we have lights and the air conditioner works and the seat will move foreward but other thent hat we do not have any power. He is having trouble wiring a brand new deck up. HE took the factory one out of the car and putting in a mp3 stereo deck.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciative. Thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 59
You checked all the fuses? There is usually a second box full of relays and a couple fuses under the hood, as well as either under the driver's side dash or in the glove box.

This happened to me, sort of, in my blazer about a year ago... and it was the fuse under the hood.

Also, the new stereo harness along with the harness you purchased for your vehicle should be color coded for an accurate install, for people who don't know what they're doing :-)

Try looking into your manual, maybe he clipped a wire, or maybe the power/ground for those components was somehow wired into the stereo harness at a specific (ohm) and needs a special adaptor.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us