Enclosure inside of truck bed

Username: Reason

Post Number: 1
I was thinking of installing 2 15" kicker comp VR's under a tonneau cover. I have a 1500 ext.cab silverado and need ideas on what box to use and if it would still sound good in the truck.
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Tippindown

Post Number: 53
y would u wanna do that then u wouldnt be able to hear it for crap

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 760
Oh you would hear it along with a lot of vibrating unless you dynamat your whole bed.

I had a friend with a 03 F-150 with a hard cover and he had 2 12"P.miller Bazooka subs in there for a few weeks, Man it was horrible he just sold his whole system because he could not get them in the cab.

Pluss if you lived near me with subs under a piece of cutable leather I would be cuting me out a couple new CVR's.
J/K But keep that in mind there are people that think like that every where. and you know how people love their 15's.

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 872
yea u can do it but u gotta modify ur bed.....

ull have to cut thriugh the cab and bed and use plastic to join it because it needs to flex..

get that done and ull have serious serious bass..

Username: Reason

Post Number: 2
Thanx for the info. I don't think i wanna try that now. So what would be a good pair of 12's to put under the back seat. I have about 600 rms to work with.

Silver Member
Username: Alastaka

Post Number: 102
man i have a 1500 silverado too and i was trying to cram a good system in my truck. ive taken out the back seat and put stuff in the seat. right now i have one 15 in about a 3.5 cubic foot box cramed inbetween the seat and consoul. my biggest issue is wanting to carry more then 2 ppl and bed space isnt that much of an issue and it doesnt sound like that for you either. just do a cut through its about a grand for the box and the cut and the boot and wired with 0 gauge wire for new batt's ive priced it out im doing it the end of the summer
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us