Car sound systems

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 428
today i went to my car and when i turn on my sound systems my amps have their fuses blown so i decided to put new ones the same as the originalas two 30 amps each amp so when i put the fuses i turn my sound systems and my amps goes into protect mode and i checked the wiring and it was everything good wat happened wit my amps

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1483
its possible you've got a bad ground somewhere, or your power wires messed up somewhere. Check the wire throughly for any cuts.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 429
the amps goes fine but 5 seconds later the amps go into protect mode i dont know why my cap is running good

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1173
you may want to re-wire your whole system if it keeps up. Prevent further damagae to your system, and it's good practice

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 316
had ur same problem, kept blowing fuses, i made my ground better and that seemed to get rid of my problems

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 433
so ur suggesting me to find a better ground so why my cap is running find and have the same ground

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 319
i dont have a cap... so what does a cap do if the amp is not grounded?

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 436
the cap neeeds to be grounded and i have the same ground for the cap and the ampliers

Silver Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 150
If you installed one of those power wire fuses not sure what they are called. but it is right next to the battery that could be causing it if it's blown because I blew mine and my amp would come on for 5 secs then go into protect mode

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 210
i suggest finding a good ground lilrob. yesterday i hooked up 2 tens in my homie's car and all he had was aluminum screws in his trunk. The subs would play for about 3 seconds and the amp would go into protect mode. so what i did was found a Metal screw that would fit the hole i was grounding it too and a metal washer. then when i turned the car on the problem was solved.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 438
thanks alot bros

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 443
i check my wiring and i rescued only 1 amp my 4 channel amp my 2 subs amps still goes into protect mode the ground is fine i already put in in the bolt of the rear seat and my amps goes into protect mode i dont know wats wrong wit them

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 446
any opinions

Silver Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 158
make sure none of your speaker wiring is touching each other and make sure the power wire does not have any slits in it coming from the battery it may be grounding out before it gets to the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1344
do you have your 2 grounds together like the one from the cap and amp at the same location

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 451
i have only one ground one big ground were all my amps and cap goes i had this set up before and nothin happened until now my fu ing amps keep goin in protect mode maybe is the cap but i don know cuz my 4 channel is running fine and have the same set up as my mono amps cuz i use a distribution block

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 320
try going around the cap, see if that helps. just try it for a bit, if it works then you know u need new cap

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 462
ill do that aybe tomorrow if i take out the cap and the problem keep going im going to get those fix and sell them wat u think on a 2500d orion for 355 plus shipping but is refurbished
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us