Question on Treo SSI 12"'s

Bronze Member
Username: Zepcoe

TN Us

Post Number: 65
If i get (2) SSi Treo 12"'s and i have one of these amps http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=2&series_id=7 &family_id=22&item_id=95251&locale=en_US
would it be best to get another one and run 1 per sub or will one of these run them fine?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3625
you can use that amp to move 2 ssi's but you would be underpowering it. you are better off with 2 of those. another option you can do is buy 1 ssi 15 and power it with that amp. 1 ssi 15 can get very loud too. right now due to insufficient alternator power i only have one sub going. it is still loud with 1 ssi 12 so 1 ssi 15 will get real loud.

Bronze Member

TN Us

Post Number: 66
If i have a 1.2 farad cap will that cap satisfy for (2) SSI treos and (2) t10001bd amps and a t8004 amp? or will i need a bigger cap?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3626
do you have a ho alt? if you don't then don't even bother with a cap. the cap is only going to put more strain on your stock alternator.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 236
don't get a cap unless you already upgraded your alt. all a cap will do is drain more from the alt. and kill it faster.

rule for caps is 1 farad for every 1000 wrms.

Bronze Member

TN Us

Post Number: 67
HO alternater? does that mean its a stock alternator?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 238
what exactly you asking?

ho means high output alt. and if you don't have one with that kind of power you'll need one. you're stock alt. won't put out enough power to properly run that system and eventually it'll die. and without the proper power you wont be seeing all the power from the amp that it's rated at. and don't even think of a cap without one, and even then you still won't really have much need for it.

Bronze Member

TN Us

Post Number: 68
ok so let me get this strait if i dont have a ho altinator i need one right? About how much they run for a 99 explorer? and if i get one do i still need to use a cap?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 240
heres a couple sites

http://www.ohiogen.com/

http://www.excessiveamperage.com/

contact them and they'll get you a price.

imo you don't really need a cap. you can after you get the ho alt. if you want, but there's no real need to, wont improve your system dramaticlly.

Bronze Member

TN Us

Post Number: 70
"you can after you get the ho alt." you can what? put a cap in?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 241
yeah. put a cap in only after you get a ho alt., if you want one. you'll probably find you don't want/need one though.

Bronze Member

TN Us

Post Number: 71
if i dont have a ho alt.right now keep the cap or no?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 242
no. putting a cap on only drains the alt. even more and it will die quicker. if you really want one wait until after the ho alt. is put on.

Bronze Member

TN Us

Post Number: 72
So take my capasiter off tomarrow? and not have one? and what if i end up not getting a ho alt. will my system still run good without cap?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 244
yeah it'll run perfectly fine without a cap. listen to your system before you take the cap off, then after taking it off listen to it again, same song, same volume, and i bet you wont't see much of a difference, if any. the advantage of a cap is barely noticable and most people don't even buy one.

Bronze Member

TN Us

Post Number: 73
OK ill take it off tomarrow im going to bed... Thanx ct
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us