Opinions needed. (Treo)

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 769
Ok, I am looking for something new and I prefer 15" but I am really stretched to get 2 15's in the space needed so I may need to go with two 12's. I did preorder a XXX 15 but I don't like thr turn RE has taken so I canceled it. I now have been looking at Treo, maybe in the line of SSX or CSX, looking for some extreme output. The enclosure will be a "slip fit", meaning Iwill modify the interior in order for a self built enclosure to slide in from the interior side and be sealed off from the trunk. I opted for this route as a built in at this magnitude could not be screwed from the ouside so I would have to go from inside out. I can get two 15's in easily but not the port area. Anyone have an online site to purchase these subs from? Polo.. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7305
earlier 2day in another thread some1 posted this link

http://www.mobilesoundworks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=469

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 873
i would do 2 12' SSXs and 2 2500Ds (at least) to power them. if you get the CSX put 5000rms to each sub. they are extreme output speakers like you want and the SSX sounds pretty damn good in my opinion. the CSX on the other hand is mostly for sound bursts but if you really want to power them correctly they can play music and sound alright.

talk with B about the SSXs im sure he knows more about them than i do. i know someone who has 1 SSX 15 and 1 zapco 4kw amp so they can take ALOT of power.

Silver Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 182
hey what does chad have you should talk with him

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 874
he has 2 12' SSis with 2 1000/1 amps. the SSis are designed for SQ but can get loud if you port them. they are my personal favorite sub and chad is a very lucky guy.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3600
yeah i got the ssi's. damn polo the ssx is my dream sub. i've never heard them but i can only imagine how loud they would get. i read on another forum where these guys were giving the the ssx 4000wrms each and it wouldn't even think about distorting.

right now i am in the process of building another box. i am building 2 separate boxes for my subs. i am taking out the backseat and putting them there. this time i am building one with larger ports. the new box is going to move more air in the car.

you can call treo from the number from their site. they are nice people. they will tell you where you can purchase one. most likely you would have to order it cause i don't think any dealer carries the ssx or the csx.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2305
its awfully HARD to beat a TREO... SQ or SPL or BOTH! << with that said.. 2 TSX will blow u to bits & peices.. nuff said.. TSX is the baby brother of the SSX... :-)

Jake is correct about the CSX, but u can get 1 with a vented pole and correct enclosure, and then loose your hearing.. U can make the CSX daily in the correct enclosure...

Now off to the SSX... :-) Im with Chad this is my favorite sub ever... Im not trying to speak too early, but Ill have 2 of these 15s or even 18s this year...

Polo if u get a SSX, I would get 1 to start with... Get 1 15" or even 1 12"..... I know your chargin system is there... I would do extra runs of cable too for the current draw... then SLAP it with 3000-5000rms in that range.. << your fuel pump may fall into the gas tank at that point..... just like it did in my car.. with 2 TSX 15s correctly powered.. with 5000RMS :-)

Im sure just 1 15 will do the trick for u... If u go the PURE SQ route, get a single SSI 18 or even the SSI 15, slap it with 3000 RMS

People will then try to kill u for disturbin the peace..

Chad is also correct about contacting Treo..

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3601
since my alt won't be here til monday i can't install it til next saturday. so i decided to unplug one amp and sub. i don't want to take any chances. with one sub it is still getting real loud. i was amazed on how loud and clean it got with just one sub.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2306
sh!t my 300a better come in today, its SAT already....
Damn Chad sorry u have to wait another week from today... :-(

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3603
B is nate shipping your alt ups? if so they don't deliver on saturday unless its special saturday delivery. lol. not trying to rain on your parade there man. lol.

polo if you get the ssx i think you will be one happy camper. since the ssx is the better model than the ssi, i could only imagine the performance of it. trust me the ssi is one of the loudest and cleanest sub i've heard. the ssx could only be better. go with 4000wrms a piece and i think you will be hitting some insane numbers on a tl.

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 500
what would have better sql and 12w3 or a 12" TSX with 300 watts?

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2310
I would say the TSX.. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 501
B i know you heard the TSX, have u heard the 12w3 too. and the tsx would be better in sql even underpowered by 100watts
my amp is prolly underrated too, it being an xtant

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 771
Hmmmm, so do you think one SSX 15 would be enough or would two 12's. I will be underpowering them for a bt until the CC recovers (again). I was thinking probably 2500 watts each or a single 15 @ 5000+ watts rms. I will not try and put two 15's in , I am not ready to destroy my car, YET. I was thinking two 12's behind the rear seat and LARGE aeros porting through the fold down arm rest. My sx15 gets pretty dam loud and I get people all the time asking me to pop my trunk to prove the one 15 thing, lol. I bought the TCAB box for the ideas, even though they are another persons well thought out ideas, a lesson well learned none the less and don't ask me to share, lOl...Polo. :-O

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 880
i would do 2 12s personally.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 881
bassfishing...i would get the TSx and then save up for an amp that does around 500-800rms.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3623
2 ssx 12s with 2500wrms each would get insanely loud.

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 772
Anyone know the TRUE excursion limits of the SSX 12's and the 15's? I keep getting conflicting info from site to site. I hear it is an extreme excursion sub? Polo..

PS- Thanks for all your info guys.. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Darrenmunsk

Post Number: 15
how much power can those tsx's take. they are rated at only 300w rms? will they get louder than type r's?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3624
well tsx 12s are 400wrms and the tsx 15s are 500wrms.

B is giving his tsx 15s 2500wrms each and they take it without a problem. and yes they will get louder and cleaner than the type Rs.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3627
okay polo this is the answer i got from another forum.

"linear one way, about 30mm +/-. P-P, 3" +/-."

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3548
anyone here have the price list to all the Treo subs ? I dont have a Treo dealer near me so im curious. I will email them also.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Post Number: 122
go to mobilesoundworks.com and look for treo egineering subwoofers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us