Bass blockers on Components

Silver Member
Username: Reloaded

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 125
what kinda hz should be blocked from my component 5.25 Alpine SPS-13C2 and my Kicker DS693, to the point that I dont want any bass on the 5.25 and I want bass/midbass on the 6x9 but for the bass to drop off if the frequency gets low enough then only the subs will pick up the bass? In what range of Hz would I need to get Bass Blockers?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1744
you shouldn't use bass blockers. they are too high. you should use the High Pass Filters on your HU or amp.

Silver Member

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 126
well I do you see, The 6x9 isnt running at full power and the 5.25 is powered suffeciently by the power the HU gives out maybe shy a couple watts but I use it for the mids and highs, I disconnected the wires to the stock 5x8 and hooked the 6x9 up , I need to know relatively good 4ch amp to use on my 6x9 and 5x8 when I get the new 5x8. But like I said how much bass is bad for the 5.25 cause when I get the other stuff installed I dont wanna ruin the 5.25 by the bass when I turn the original signal up from the HU

Silver Member

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 128
Since I connected the 6x9 from the wires the stock 5x8 were and the 5x8's were rated at 8ohms now my 6x9 is 4ohm, with the pre-amp output from the HU it should be seeing a signicant amount of power. Im still a little lost on the original power a car puts out into the HU I need to know about that stuff. But the 6x9's sound great especially since I custom installed them into my rear deck, its removable SO i braced it and flush mount , looks nice, and the sound sounds very good when I put my seats back it closes the trunk off from the car and acts as a huge freakin box, adds a hint of bass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us