Amplifier Classes

Username: Onedarkchild

Post Number: 3
I understand what the channels and Ohms are (for the most part) But What is the difference between classes. Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7292
http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/amplifiers.html

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 973
did you try google or even crutchfield's faq section?

Post Number: 5
Rovin, thank you for that website! As per the material just read, i should get a class A/B amp for my speakers, and a class d for the subs. Im still looking to find the right amps for my system. I dont need any outragious system, just something better than i have. I bought new speakers when i knew nothing about car audio, so my head unit doesnt have enough power to run the speakers.

The speakers i bought are as follows:
Back: Pioneer TS-A6991R 6"x9" 5-way 460 Watts
Front:Pioneer TS-A4670R 4"x6" 3-WAY 120 watts

I need to find an amp that will sufficiently power these speakers. I want to know all the options, high end to low end.

Im also looking into subs an and amp for them. This i have no idea how to choose.

I have a 2003 Grand AM SE1. And only plan on having the car for a max of 2 years, so i dont need top of the line, just decent enough.

Any and all suggestions are welcome

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7302
well as u may have also read maxx watts r meaningless so u need 2 look @ wrms . If u want an amp 2 power those u need a 4 channel amp - but personally i would have NOT gotten that brand , not too hot u know . Instead i would have bought ONLY a pair of 6.5" component speakers around $100/pair & gone with a 2 channel amp on it .

If u dont want too much heavy bass buy like either a kicker cvr or alpine type R 12" sub & a MONO channel amp like a JL 500/1 amp & get a ported box for it .
Just a quick idea above ^^^.....

Post Number: 6
would a KENWOOD KAC-8402 4 channel amp be ok to power my pioneer speakers, i know they arent highly recommended, but like i said, im not looking for top of the line, just 'good enough'.

Post Number: 7
im actually thinking of going for the Orion 8004. But im always open to suggestions. You guys are the pros

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7317
well i'm not really a "pro" but i try 2 eduacate myself as much as possible on car audio related stuff & do my hook ups as best as i can

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/189456.html

if u read ppl giving bad or so/so reviews on a product i would NOT buy any .
Orion makes decent amps so hell yea - buy a 2 or 4 chan amp 4 ur speakers & a MONO 4 ur sub/s ...

OH - ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS IN CAR AUDIO

DO IT RIGHT THE 1ST TIME
&
u GET WHAT U PAY FOR ! ..........

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1048
the hell is a 5 way speaker

Post Number: 8
im not to sure what 5-way entails either, i pretty much copied and pasted. Keep in mind that i am a girl, and my uneducated thought process was 'oh look, they are pretty'

But there is 5 place in the speaker in which sound does come out, maybe that is why it is referenced to as a '5-way' speaker.

Any way, im still in seach of the right amp for me, and my pioneer speakers :-)

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 237
i have the same kenwood 4 way amp your thinking of. not the best and a little overrated, but it's a nice small amp.

and stay away from pioneer speakers. i know cause i got them and i hate them. if you put any size amp to them they'll blow real quick. i'd try to return them or sell them if you can.

and if you do get new ones next time don't fall for the fancy 4 or 5 way names on them. you don't need anything more than a 2-way 6x9.

Post Number: 9
Yea, that is exactly what i need, a nice... small... amp. Next year, when i trade in the Grand AM, and get a wrangler, i'll go for the top of the line system. But for now, im sick of listening to music out of 4 blown speakers, and one blown tweeter.

Thanks guys! :-)

Username: Iceman62

Waukesha, WI Usa

Post Number: 2
HELP !! Where do I hook up the sub on a sony xplode amp ??

Post Number: 10
Im not sure if that is serious or sarcasm.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 404
A/B= voice speaker D= subwoofers T= mix of three

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us