What color is each wire....?

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 487
hi i bought a wiring harness for my 1987 s10 but the only part of it i can use is the power rite to battery (there are no direct clips for the other wires) now i know what to do with remote turn on...but what color would the ignition,and ground be comming from the s10? there are three wires comming out of the radio mounting hole, one yellow(guessing this is ignition), one black(most likely ground), and one grey(dont know what it is).....oh and i cant jsut go by the other radio that was in....b/c there wasnt one....thanx in advance

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 488
ne one....am i right for my guess of what color is which...

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 310
for the remote you could open up the fuse box and find the fuse for the ignition or some thing that turns on with the car and jam a wire in there with the fuse. or you could go to best buy or circuit city and have them look up you car and find out what color corrosponds to what.

Silver Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 192
Try http://www.streetdreams.com/wires/

Also try http://www.installdr.com/

Silver Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 193
I know best buy uses installdr.com because I called them a while ago and thats what they told me. I have a Saturn and couldn't figure it out, but I did figure it out from installdr.com, I hope it helps.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1167
You'll have to get a test meter and start seeing where your 12v is too. If you have it on one wire and there's no power, then when you turn your key you get 12v, then you know that must be your ignition one. Whenever there is a constant 12v (should be around there), that is your direct power to the battery. It's a process of elimation basically. I wouldn't guess on colors. My power wire was blue I believe with a yellow line through it. The colors on my car was totally different than normal cars. Don't want to take any guesses and blow anything up :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us