I actually listen to MY system with the car off( whut should i do)

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 536
I have a raa-1000 @ 2ohms soon to be back @ 1ohm when i get both my 15's enclousre made.....an i find it often that i will cut the car off and bump....like at a car show or just hanging out at home or sumwhere...i dont have a upgraded electrical system at all.....except for a 1000cca battery....everstart or sumthin.....

what should i do..I know the HO/alt.....would be good when its on....(wish i could afford it...LOL.)but would just 2 batts work...

also i do get a ho/alt do i have to worry about all that current going throught my Fuse box...cuz it just literally taked on...with crimps from another car....

Bronze Member
Username: Excessiveamps

Dothan, Alabama Good Ol U.S....

Post Number: 46
It is not good to play the stereo with the car off. What happens is the battery/ies will drain down and if the car will hopefully start back up the alternator has to charge a "dead" battery. An alternator is designed to maintain a charge on a battery - not to charge a dead battery. If you dont want a high output alternator (which you will need to get one if you have a decent stereo) Than I would recommend running a second battery in the trunk.
I would use a large marine battery and install an isolator. I never recommend using an isolator but in your situation you will need to make sure the car will start back up because you listen to the stereo with the vehicle not running. If you go to shows and play it with it not running, I would recommend taking a battery charger and slow charging it as you are at the show. Hope this helps you out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us