Help a girl out

Username: Krazyj

Ky

Post Number: 8
Ok here it goes. I have a 2005 neon sxt. I have $2,000 to spend (not including head unit)im leaning more to the spl side. what should i get? i need suggestions. i was thinking 4 12" kicker cvrs,infinity 6x9 2 ways in the rear, infinity kappa 6.5s in the front,Hifonics amp 1600rms@1 ohm, and hifonics amp 75x4 @ 4 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 226
2000$ that will be a monestor system for your car .

but you have to choose another sub's and amplifier .

with that budget you can get the best sub's especially you liked spl .

JL W7
RE xxx
Kicker cvx .

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1165
^^agreed. You can get much better equipment than what you stated with $2000. Also, you don't need rear speakers if your getting a system like that. The only reason you would need them is if you carry people in the back and you want them to hear it too. Most people just get components up front and forget about the back. Also, you could go with RE subs. They are better than the kicker and still in your budget. I'll leave it up to rovin to build you a system. He's excellent at that :-)

Ky

Post Number: 9
what are some good 12s other than JL. I dont want JL because the dealer here only sales JL and RF. I wanted to try somthin different.

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 227
try RE products ,,

www.reaudio.com

and as James said Rovin is excellent at choosing system .

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 595
I would get two Dayton MKIII or a Stereo Integrity Mag 15. Buy a USAMp Merlin MD2 which I can get you and also can get you some nice components for up front from CDT. I would keep the rear stock speakers in there since the sub will more than likely overpower them. Get a solid 200x2 amp from ZED Audio or get the Nine.2x from ED to power the components. Use the remaining money on wires, new battery and possibly a HO alty.

Username: Albert53

Lakeside, Ca United States

Post Number: 1
I really need to know the stereo color wiring for my 97 Ford Explorer Eddie Bouwer, it has a rear stock amp w/small far back bass speaker

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5470
Jo, why would you want SPL? Why not SQL instead?
SPL is nothing but loud noise. It gets old very fast.
Nothing wrong with stores selling JL. It is one of the best.
Instead of getting 4 subs in a small neon, you can get 1 12" W7 in HO box or 2 10W7 in HO boxes. It will sound much louder and better than cheap subs.
If you still long for SPL, then get couple of RE 15" MT and it will destroy your car.

Silver Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 177
So does this $2,000 include wiring, installation, and an upgrade to your electrical system including a HO alternator? (I bet it doesn't and a Neon probably can't handle 2000 watts RMS system on stock.)

I would go with an SQL system to start off on like Issac said. An RE SX is a mix of SQL and SPL- my single SX12 sounds great but will get really loud if I need it to. You need the right amps and electrical system to get what you need.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Post Number: 115
here you go

3 15" Alpine type r's
1 hifonics bxi 2006d amp
orion 3002 amp
JL Audio TR650-CSI components
ho alternator

should be about $1531 for everything from onlinecarstereo.com, but the ho alternator you'll have to get elsewhere

if you have any money left over have TCAB build you a box. This system will blow your car the f.uck up!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 756
Hahahah, when I saw this thread I jumped on "Help a girl out", lol. Good to see women here, any pics.... :-O Polo..

Upload

Username: J_b_m

FL

Post Number: 3
If you want spl, go with either Atomic APXX's, RE MT's or T3 Audio subs. And since a pair of any of those subs will cost you about $1K, I would look for some good used amps like a pair of V4000XD's or XA3000D's or Opti-4000D's. You should be able to get a pair of those amps for under $1K and with those subs and any of those amps, you should be stupid loud.

If it's in your budget, maybe even look at the SS XXX6500D's or the new Atomic 5000.1's

Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7269
my .02 cents
i fully agree with what Isaac said - makes absolutely no sense just hearing 'loud noise' , thats just gets old super fast .

if u would like 2 avoid any subs JL here goes (oh & i too can't see having 4 ok susb when 2 better subs could be used - or even a single 15") >>>

1 15" Havoc = $425
amp - ppi dcx or Diamond audio D61500.1 = $500
custom made box around = $300

amp for mids/highs - JL 300/4 = $300
6.5 comps - Image Dynamics CXS64 = $300

total = $1825 + s/h
==================================================
option 2 : 2 12s
all Diamond Audio system

2 12s Diamond audio D6 4ohms dvc model - $229x2
amp - Diamond D61500.1 = $495

6.5 comps - Diamond Audio D661a = $230
amp - Diamond Audio D3 400.2 = $270

box = $300

$1630 , use remaining $ for HO alt , upgrading elec , wires etc .
==================================================

Let B/chad give u the Treo subs options too

There r a millions choices u can go .....

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 751
why is the box so expensive rovin? $300?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7275
just a rough figure , well thats what ppl on this forum said a pro custom made box with a nice finish costs , could be less .

me - i always build my own & all it costs is a sheet of 3/4 mdf , screws , tube of liquid nails & 1 or 1/2yrs of cheap carpet & some glue , 1 day or less or work .......

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7277
- should be

a day or less of work ....

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1312
how about a dd 9500 for like 900 and then a orion 2500d then the left over for box ho alt and wires.lol butya if you wnat spl then your def gonna need a ho alt contact excessive amperage, iraggi one of those and then wires you will probably need 1 gauge. Its kinda funny how if i started this i would have gotten no responses at all but a girl and she gets everyone lol

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 599
why does everyone want to spend all there money on subs.....its music people not bass.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1315
hey i dont i was just giving some advice i want it to sound good. I dont think she knows howloud some of these setups will be if you know what i mean. cause she couldprob get some w6v2's and be happy with them

Silver Member
Username: Terps297

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 186
how about...

Old RE X.X.X. 15(in a custom box) (around 350+sh?)
this may be hard to find, but if your patient one will come up on ebay since the 06 X.X.X. came out and out with the old, in with the new.

Elemental Designs NINe.1($350 shipped) (1200+ @1 ohm, this amp puts out a lot more than 1200 a lot of people say)

RE X.X.X. 6.5 Component (250-300?) i forget
Elemental Designs NINe.2x ($265 shipped)

that puts you at roughly $1500
this gives your plenty for your HO ALT+Wiring+sound dead+install.

knukonceptz is highly reccomended wiring company
everyone here i think uses them, top knotch quality

HO alt(prob 200-220amps)...iraggi, excessive, or motor city makes good alternators

sound deadning- very crucial part! my 15" DD 3500 is tearing up my car right now and i so wish i had some sound deadning, but however much you put on is up to you, the more you put can't hurt!

That's my suggestion, and haha i would actually love to have that in my car

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 600
Actually I'd go with

Stereo Integrity mag 15 (550 or so)
USAmp MD2-350
CDT HD-62-375
ED NIne.2x-265

Its 1540$

And no I don't use Knukonceptz, good price but I can get stuff the same quality at a lesser price, Daytona RCAs. Buy some sound deadener which will run about 300$ for a good amt.

Ky

Post Number: 10
thanx for the help everyone... some1 asked if i had pix im on the rightUpload

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7289
do u work @ hooters !!!?......

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1032
sound deadaner check out secondskinaudio.com pretty good guys.. your gonna want some decent speakers. because like alteraudio said its music not just bass, some good speakers can make a world of difference in the music,,

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1581
It's funny how when it's a girl they get all the attention... Heh. But is "Jo Beth" really a girl?

(Lets see a pic of you holding a sign saying "Ecoustics rules!" or something to the like...)

And is secondskinaudio.com as good as bquiet and dynamat? I'm looking to do some work with my Grand Am. I got the engine and tranny done and am working on getting the turbo all plumbed in. It's got pretty bad road noise, and I figure while it's down I might as well do it all :P.

Gold Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1035
second skin is the best.. tons of different products check it out

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 601
one on the right from hooters???!!! Nice.

Bronze Member
Username: Kungpow

Post Number: 11
There is no way you are going to fit 4cvrs in the trunk of that thing. My friend barely got 2 pos 10s in one.

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 44
http://www.mobilesoundworks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ssi%5F12%5F22
theres your sub for a great price, there expensive subs better then w7 and alpine type x guarenteed..very loud and sound good and dirt cheap!
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2666
an amp to run them. 2 12's of them running in series at 2 ohms cause kicker is 2 ohm stable it would sound hella good and be loud...

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 758
Jo, Beth you are hot! Thanks for the picture. Love to see you bumping down the street, for sure, lol. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2187
u live in KY jo?
by sum chance do u live in lexington? cause i visited there and at hooters in lexington i saw sum1 who looked like that hooters girl there lol

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 418
haha polo is lookin to get lay with out disrespect beth hahah polo u suxck i think u a virgin hahahah

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1328
lilrob he showed pics of his kids i donty think he is a virgin lol but maybe you are

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 421
hahaha dude i see u got jokes dude i have a girl dude she lives wit me

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1333
aww i have jokes thanks a lot rob i didnt even notice omg you have a girl that lives with you omg i never new that was possible your like my new idol

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 426
jajaj thanks alot i will keep impresing you dont worry maybe u have a girl too maybe two or maybe a man who knows wit out dissrespect

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 767
Yeppers, I haven't been a virgin for a VERY long time which is good for the girls, lol. Here is a pic, I HAVE PROOF, HAAAAAAAAAA. Polo.. :-O

PS- Here is proof Rob isn't a virgin either, lol

Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 603
^^^^lol

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 427
again polo i think u like that pic alo t dude

Bronze Member
Username: Bigsim

Post Number: 41
lol, that pic's suss as.

Bronze Member

Ky

Post Number: 11
so what's the story on eclipse Tis

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 45
not as good as alpine type X or treo's people may think Tis are superb but a type X will blow it away.

Gold Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1047
i like the type x's but i seriously cannot see that dude lol

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 605
I wasn't impressed with the Ti's especially at the price. Type X has some good SQ but lacks in the output for me. My 3 choices for a sub would Stereo Integrity Mag 12 or 15, Soundsplinter Rl-p, and then Dayton MKIII. Or you could wait for the Stereo Integrity BM series which will compete in price with the rest. The Mag will take the cake though on SQ and SPL against the Ti and the X.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3605
2 Treo SSi 12 4ohm versions
1 orion 2500d
set of focal utopia 165 comps front stage and a nice 2 channle amp to power it. you don't really need the 6 x 9s in the back with the focal utopias as your front stage.

all that should cost you a little less than $2000

Bronze Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 30
before you spend all you money you need to upgrade with a high output alt because you going to be in trouble if you dont have one with this many watts going through your car get a quote from nate @ excessive amperage(www.excessiveamperage.com or post for a quote in the accessories sections)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3610
if that picture is really jo beth then i must say she is fine. damn.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us