Remember When ...........

Bronze Member
Username: Excessiveamps

Dothan, Alabama Good Ol U.S....

Post Number: 42
Just wanted to get a topic about what some of us were talking about on another thread. Back when JVC, Jensen, and cassette players were the Shitzitz. Those were the days.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 757
Oh ya, my first REAL amp was an Orion Cobalt 230, pushed a pair of Pyle Driver subs (black) in a 5cf sealed box, very loud for the times, could be heard a couple blocks away! I remember before they even had subs for cars they were taking home speakers and placing them in the back seat, lol. I have been through the whole era of house music, death metal and GREAT weed, haaaaaa! I remember when a dime bag was $10, hence the name dime bag. A J was $2, and they were fat, no pinners like nowadays. I also remember when all the F@gs walked arounf with one glove because even the coolest like Michael Jackson, bunch of loosers, hahaha. Jensin Triaxle 6x9's were some of the loudest speakers out and the old Pyramid "Brick" amps had maybe 120 watts and weighed 10 lbs but actually worked great. Now that I showed my age, anyone else got any? By the way my first concert was when I was in 4th grade I went to the Ozzie Osbourne crazy train concert when he bit the head off of a bat and passed a mug around for people to spit in (full mug) then later DRANK it! NASTYYYYYY. POLo.. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 684
awwwwwwwww thats F-in nasty man about that spit mug. wow!!

k anyways.... a dime bag cost $10?? it still does, i think you ment $0.10.

Bronze Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 25
you went to see ozzzie in 4th grade?!? you must have been tromotized

Bronze Member
Username: Excessiveamps

Dothan, Alabama Good Ol U.S....

Post Number: 45
Yeah, I had 2 of the radio shack 15" optimus house speakers in the back seat powered by a jensen eq. I burnt up 4 of the eq's before they quit exchanging them. Whoodini,run dmc,the rapping duke, etc. Those were the days ! Polo, we grew up in the same days man.

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 763
Back then Ozzy was awesome not until lately when they showed him on his own show did I think otherwise, lol. Sh!t I remember my first guitar song i learned was Iron Man, haaaaaaaaa. A dime bag at that time was a ziploc sandwich baggie, two fingers across! They never weighed the stuff and some dealers had fatter fingers than others, funny stuff. Remember feathered hair and Jordache jeans? Women looked so nice in those jeans and HUGE hair, kinda like what people in Dallas look like now, :-O . We had soo much fun and really had nothing to worry about, crime was down all was good and I lived in Cicero on top of it, wouldn't live there now! Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 423
back in the day every audio guy must own a pyramid equalizer with built in amp that was when i was 12

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 424
and every dude had pyramid/pyle and all those low end brands with their boxes with tweeters and inside them a crossover i think the tweeters were the djs tweeters i had one that was a motorola tweeter now they sell the tweters at my local shop at 4 bucks each

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2293
damn man, that was them days... now I feel old, being that Im only 23... But that was our era.. late 80s, 90s

Nathan I also remember those Optimus subs.. Fultron too... :-)

Pyramid was BIG stuff back then... So was MTX it was like a JL... :-)

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2294
what can I say? I grew up around this stuff...

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 766
But B and Lil rob, you guys weren't kinda even born yet, lol. I am talking a time where Cicero, IL was a nice neighborhood, now its just HOOD, lol. My first EQ install was on a 1983 Mercury Capri, looked like a mustang. This car at the time was only 1 1/2 years old. Pyramid wasn't considered sh!t because there wasn't much else. Don't you remember that song by I think it was Bobby McFarin (sp) "Don't worry be happy" what a trip, haaaa. Polo..

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2298
man "dont worry be happy" was that sh!t :-) Man I grew up to that song, I was about 8 or 9...
Polo u must remember I was do installs @ the age of 11 years!

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 770
I think that song came out in 86 maybe 87, B how old were you? LoL. At that time I was driving a 1972 Plymouth Satellite four dorr which was an old squad car. It had a freshly rebuilt 383 interceptor and I got it for $225 because the old man who owned it was almost completely blind and they would not renew his license. The town was going to take it so he gave it to me cheep, Polo... :-O)

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2302
I came in 82.. I represent the entire 80s and 90s.... my FAV years I must say!! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us