HELP!!!!!!!!! Kenwood krc 358r

Username: Cbandy

Post Number: 1
Hi,

Just bought the krc 358r header unit second hand but when i plug my Kenwood (which is from a previous head unit but stil kenwood)disc changer in and press the blue button to select cassette or cd it just says on the dispalay All Off. Is it a problem i can fix? I also do not have the manual so maybe it is something i am not doing correctly. It will not select the cassette either.

Regards

Andy

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2855
I believe it will only select the cassette if you have a cassette inserted. As for the CD changer, you might need to go to the menu and turn it on from there.

Post Number: 2
Cheers mate. Cassette inserted but still no joy. CD unit is powered up because i can eject the cartridge. Will have another mess about with the menu but it is driving me mad. On the last HU(Which was stolen)I just had to select with the blue button.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2857
What is the model number of the CD Changer?

Post Number: 3
KDC C462

Post Number: 4
I just read on the Kenwood site that this changer unit is not compatible with header units manufactured before 1994 but i cannot find the date of manufacture for this header unit. That might be my problem. Any ideas?????

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2858
I'm sure the 358R was manufactured after 1994. However, after doing some research, it looks like nearly anyone with a CD changer hooked up to the 358R is using the Kenwood KDC-C660 CD changer. Because of that, I'm thinking there still might be a compatibility issue here. Do you still have the link to the page on the Kenwood site about your CD Changer?

Post Number: 5
Got it working. There is a switch on the changer unit to select different types of header units. Just switched it to O and it worked. Cheers for all the info anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us