Vented/ Ported Box

Bronze Member
Username: Atxpimpin

Austin, Texas Uniteed states

Post Number: 18
So I'm building a fiberglass box... quite difficult, and I plan on having a vent. I have 3 12" Treo TSX's and I was wondering how the vented system would work in a single box with three subs in it? How much louder will it be? and like if that could even work in a fiberglass box??

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 864
aero ports?

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 871
Brett, what you really might want to do, is build the box out of MDF, then fiberglass over it, unless you're doing it for a specific shaping issue?

Ports are very hard to build fiberglassed 100%, or are you going to be using a pre-fab port, or non-fiberglass port?

Or are you determined on it being vented instead of ported?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I thought about it last night and I figured that if I really wanted to port the box then its gonna be really hard to tune the damn thing if its fiberglassed, and making the MDF box first and fiberglassing over it came accross my mind and it seems like a good route. I'm just gonna have to make sure that the box is somewhat flush with the natural fiberglass look.

Another question. The recommended "aggresive" volume of a box with my subs is 1.25 sq feet. According to the papers my subs came with.

that is little... is that right???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
wuts an aero port?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3572
you can go bigger than that. you can go 2.5 cuft for each sub tuned to 30hz. make sure the box is strong cause my friend B broke his box with his tsx 15s.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us