2003 Chevy Silverado w/bose system..bass blockers?

Bronze Member
Username: Alexv3305

Tavernier, FL United States

Post Number: 38
I installed a amplifier on a 2003 Chevy Silverado with a Bose audio system and the bass in my installed subwoofers is really low. I used a hi-lo converter and hooked up the rear speakers. the connections are all good and the bass in the subs play really low. I think it has bass blockers. where would the bass blockers be if it has them??

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 413
i think is on were u put cd or the thing is in the middle of the two front seats were u rest ur hand theres a woofer inside that i think is wat makes the bass

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1900
you bypassed the amp in the truck?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
no i used an external amp using a hi-lo converter becasue the stock CD player doesnt have rca out puts

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
i cant find a wire with bass. can someone help??

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1903
normally you run into problems with bose systems and locs, there is a bypass box that allows you to add aftermarket amp to bose systems, maintaing factory radio..., made by periphal.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 414
dude i have the silverado too the 03 with bose system u have to take the signal from the woofer that is hiddind in that thing in the middle of the two front seats, u need to take out the fron seats and take out that thing and is in inder just like this http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1472
oh is called central console is in there is a small woofer i think 6 inch u cant see it because is inthe center console

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 675
aww my brother has a 99 acura TL with a stock bose system. in the middle of the rear deck there is like a 8" sub. do you think i will have the same problem if i wanted to put an after market amp and subs in there?

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 415
if that produce the bass yeah just use a hi to low converter and your set

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 416
yeah cuz i think the factory cd will send the signal to the factory amp and the amp have hi and lo pass crosovers and it distribute the siganl to the speakers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us