How would this sound (on a scale from 1-10)??

Username: Bjamila123

Sc

Post Number: 3
Two 12" Alpine subs @ 4 ohms 750w a piece 250 rms with an alpine amp that puts ourt 400w @ 4 0hm ?? Im thinking about buying this "system" , and i was jus seeing if yall could tell me how u think it would sound. Thanks
(this is in a 2004 dodge intrepid)

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 369
How much can you get this for?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 205
sounds like a pair of type e's. if you can afford it i'd get a pair of type r's or x's if you want alpine. but those should sound decent, just wont be loud, and what alpine amp is that? try to get a mono amp that puts out around 600wrms @ 1ohm.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5565
what model subs? I would syat away unless its like $50

Sc

Post Number: 4
close to 650 including installation at Tweeter
the subs are Type E's
the amp is a mono and pushes 220 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
the amp is an alpine MRP-M450
my budget is 600-700 dollars

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 207
do not pay that. type e is the worst alpine subs and aren't worth buying. and that amp will not push those subs.

Sc

Post Number: 5
really? thanks for the info
what do you suggest that can get me 2 subs and a strong amp that stays under 700??
im also lookin at JL, what kind of wattage should i be lookin at for the subs??

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 209
doubt you can get 2 12" jl subs with amps (maybe the w0 though) for under $700 unless you buy online. but if you do get jl put about 400wrms to a w3 and about 600wrms to a w6. no experience with the w7 but heard they can handle 800-900wrms.

are you just shopping at tweeter or something?

Sc

Post Number: 6
thats just the place that i found those alpines for the cheapest. yeah my friend told me to do something like what u said with the JL's . you know ne good sites i can find those online?

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 307
If your on a budget type e's work fine. I've had all the alpines and they get the job done if you just want to add some bass to your music, nothing too crazy

Sc

Post Number: 7
JC: so im basically looking at buying the setup that you have right now?? im jus looking for something that'll turn some heads at my high school, maybe later i might upgrade to all this other amazing stuff...oh yea, JC , how long does it takes for the subs to start to "fade"?? thx

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 211
just a few

http://onlinecarstereo.com/

http://www.mobilesoundworks.com/

http://ikesound.com/

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1592
how many watts are you looking to run, if its over 1000wrms i'd look into a re12.1 amp ($390) shipped and 2 re se subs around $150, or jlw6v2's if you can find them cheap, or mabye one sx or havoc would work well off that amp.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2186
im assuming he dosent have a Ho alt so he could prolly get a 12 or 145 inch arsenal and maybe...MAYBE a used 500/1 jl amp...or u might be able 2 get a phoenix gold xenon amp (the 600 at 1/2/4 ohms)

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1303
hey what do you guys think will get louder 2 10" mtx 7500's or 2 12" alpine typr e's

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1593
ya i didn't figure he would but asked anyway, if you want a smaller system you could look into a jl500/1 kx600.1 600d, or the re12.1 just run it at 2ohms, and get a 500-800wrms single sub, im sure it would get loud enough to satisfy your needs, REse, AA arsenal, or maybe 2 AA assassins, they would work but the arsenal and se would probally get louder.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 308
Yea the system works fine, it definetley isn't as loud as my previous setups, but if your into turning heads, it should do it, over here its the cheapest "Decent" setup. What do you mean by "fade" ?

Silver Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 154
hunter i have a jl 500.1 for sale (lookin the amps section) and then you could buy 2 type s subs for like 150 or so on ebay and that was my old setup and it worked great plenty loud and great sq

Bronze Member

Sc

Post Number: 11
iight thanks guys for all the advice
gage ware- ill get back to u on that jl amp
thx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us