Component Speaker & Amp Advice needed

Username: Iron_justice

Carlisle

Post Number: 3
Hi all.

Quite a while since my last post and now on my second install!

basically I'm after some advice on how best to run my rear component speakers and which type of amp would be most suitable.

I've got 6 (3 pairs) of Alpine SXE-1750S speakers for the rear mid range speakers in my new install. The speakers are rated at 280W peak & 45W RMS at 4OHMS.

I need to know what power rating of amplifier would be most suitable for them, how many channels I will need and how best to wire them up.

I was going to box mount all 6 of the speakers in a custom MDF enclosure and run the 3 left speakers to a single external terminal and the same with the 3 right speakers. That way I'd be left with 2 outputs, one left and one right to run to a 2 channel amp. Is this possible? Is this the best way? If so, what power rating does the amp need to be?

I have looked at many amps but am not sure whether I need a 4 channel or a two channel amp. It seems that ideally I'd need a six channel amp with all six channels producing the same output for each speaker. Can this be done using a 2 channel amp as I propose above?

If all of this is rubbish and I'm way off the mark please answer me with possible solutions. What other options do I have?

My focus is on sound quality as opposed to volume but I want to make sure I'm not overloading the amp and causing any problems.

Any help or advice would be very well received.

Oh yeah while I'm at it, if I'm running two amps (using one for my subs as well as the one I decide to use for these speakers) is it best to run the earths to the same place or to different places?

I'm a novice at this game but am learning fast.

Thanks all. I'm looking forward to your replies.

Dan (UK)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us