JL and Alpine

Username: Mateo

Post Number: 7
ok so before you guys get mad at me like ive said before ive been out of car audio for a while and i have a quick quesion. how would a 10 or 12W6 would stack up against 2 12 type r's. also the w6's are 1000wrms correct? ive also heard they are better in a sealed box. is that true. any help woulod be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 566
wrong, I believe the w6 can handle 400 rms. The w7 can handle 1000rms.

Post Number: 8
ok...ive heard taht the w6 sounds just as good as the w7. is this true also. thanks for the quick response

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1285
between the w6v2 and the tyrp r i would go for the w6v2 i believe the r would be louder but the w6 would beat it in sq and the w6 and w7 the w7 is a sql driver and the w6 is a sq so the w6 will sound better and the w7 gets louder but still sounds good.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7224
charlie - wats wit ur AIM ?????.......

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1289
umm no idea but im on it right now lol

Post Number: 9
alright thanks alot guys. so like an orion 600d or something close to it would be a decent amp for the W6? thanks for the quick responses guys.

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1023
the type r's would stomp the jl in spl.. the jl of course will have more sq.. and yes they work in very small enclosures.. keep in mind u can buy 3 type r's for the price of a w6.. w6 might be a good choice though, very nice sub just wont get as much spl out of it,, depends what your after? also the more power you start running the more chance u will have to upgrade the vehicles electrical system

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
another question i have is that if a sub is geared towards SQ, does that mean that it has almost no SPL. i mean does the W6 still bump?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
and also my thinking was that if i got say 2 or 3 R's, i would stop there until i decided to get different subs, but if i got the W6V2, since they take relatively little power and space compared to other woofers is when i got some more money i would buy another with another amp. so i guess what i am getting at is how would 2 12W6V2's compare to 2 12 Type R's? thanks in advance

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
and i was gonna put the JL in an HO box if that makes any difference. and does anybody know who much they cost?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5924
A W6v2 will get just as loud as a single Type R, if not a bit louder. But, you can get two Type Rs for the price of a W6v2, so if you want loud there's your choice. But you should be able to hit 140s with a W6v2 as long as you set it up right, and it sounds a good chunk better than a Type R.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
140 with a single W6. thats pretty good. alright well thanks alot to all who responded. now all i have to do is make a little more money.

-Matt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us