Need Help Picking a Box!!

Username: Tatoboy07

Post Number: 1
I have a 2001 hyundai tiburon I just bought and I'm about to be getting 2 12" Rockford Fosgate T2's (1000w rms). They will be powered (for now) an american bass class d mono XD1800 (around 14-1500w rms at 1ohm).

I need a box that will be -perfect- for these subs. Sealed? Ported? Slot-ported? Bandpass? Money is not a problem, I want something that will slam in the highest SPL possible with this. Any advice helpful.

Feel free to e-mail at tatoboy07@yahoo.com as I may not check this often. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7218
u can get = or better subs 4 less $ like

RE SX , Treo SSI & get a more powerful amp while ur @ it

i don't know how much space ur car has but slot ported would be best 4 u .......

Post Number: 2
Why would I want to change subs? I'm getting them free as replacements for some MB quart premiums I blew out.

What exaclty is a slot ported? The car space is kinda limited as far as this goes, but way better than a truck. :P

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 661
its kinda hard to explain but bare with me. a slot ported box has a slot usually down the side made of the same wood you make your box out of. unlike other ported boxes, it doesnt have a plasic tube.

Bronze Member
Username: Erikdagenerik

Livermore, CA US

Post Number: 58
for SPL you should go ported. go to rockford's site and look up the specs and recommended box size and tunings. you can even email them and i'm sure they'll be more than happy to send you back a diagram of an enclosure so you can bring it to a shop and have it made the right way.

Post Number: 3
I definitely want SPL..there's an SPL bass show this saturday in lawrence, kansas (where i live). Anyone around the area I'd be more than happy to give dirs. 50 NEW entries this year, triple pointer, and some of the 47 old entries from last years. Tatoboy07@yahoo.com or reply here!

Thanks for the help guys. We all have to start somewhere :-)

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 870
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1480
that slot port looks skinny, do you get any port noise with it?

Post Number: 4
So it's just a rectangle port instead of a normal circle port? That's the big deal? What's the whole difference?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1905
but you can not just use a standard slot port for them, you need a thicker front on the box then 3/4

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 872
heh...that slot port is definately not skinny.. Keep in mind - that pic is the entire back cargo area of my car filled with a box (it's a 13W7).

I can fit my hand easily down inside of it.. (but my arm gets stuck.. grr... dropped things down in it before)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us