Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3480
My system:

Pioner Premier DEH-P860MP
CDT-HD62 component set
PPI A600.2 / 150 x 2 @ 4 ohm bridged for frontstage
Arc Audio 1500-XXK / 900 watts rms @ 4 ohm bridged for SUB

My car is a Toyota Camry 1998

Do you think i should get a ID MAX 10 or 12 and should i go sealed or ported ??? Looking for sq with the ability to get loud and clean but not overshadow my frontstage.

Which sub and enclosure and size and tune etc.. will be best with my arc amp ?

Thanks

ID MAX 12 sealed @ 1.5cuft gross and 1.38cuft net

ID MAX 12 ported @ 2.5-2.7 cuft @ 28-30hz

ID MAX 10 ported @ 1.68cuft @ 25hz

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/pdf/IDMAX10%20V3%20D2%20spec.pdf

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/pdf/IDMAX12-V3-D2-spec.pdf

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5921
I'd go with the 12" ported personally, great SQ and effortless low end extension.

I've heard some VERY good things about those DIYMA prototype subs, along the lines of being more capable than an ID Max with better SQ. With preorder it's only $150:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3481
You sure about the DIYMA 12 ? lol

I already have a sealed 1.34 cuft net box for the ID MAX 1.5 cuft gross. How does that sound

Im just not sure about the DIYMA 12. Never heard of the name or heard it play. Have you ?

Also is it recommended sealed or ported for DIYMA 12 ?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3482
Also am i missing anything that i should add to my system above ? IF so let me know exactly what and what it can do. Thanks man

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5922
NPDang is a good guy and very knowledgeable (as far as the DIYMA goes). Everything he's sold thus far, I've seen nothing but great reviews of him and his service.

Anyway, you already have everything slated out for an ID Max-I'd run with it. Put it in the sealed box and give it a go, I'm sure you'll be very satisfied with it. Max is really flexible with potential enclosures, it does well sealed, ported, IB, you name it.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3483
cool. Am i missing anything i should add to my system to complete/enhance it in your opinion and if so what and what brand model.

My system:

Pioner Premier DEH-P860MP
CDT-HD62 component set
PPI A600.2 / 150 x 2 @ 4 ohm bridged for frontstage
Arc Audio 1500-XXK / 900 watts rms @ 4 ohm bridged for SUB

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2259
my recomendations is a 10 SSI or the 12 :-)
It will get louder than the IDMAX and sound better... atleast go listen to one.
It can be used in as little as 1.3 cubes..

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3491
let me know jonathan.

p.s. by the way, glad your eclipse deck is ok. Def consider this Premier...Sexy :-)

2076_4041_291159496%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/deta il/0,,2076_4041_291159496,00.html

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5556
Hey Jonathan that sub looks sick:-) I am going to order one and check it out.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3492
Looks tempting for like half the price of my ID MAX 12 which is still on backorder but the problem is i already recieved the 1.5 cuft gross /1.38 net box for my MAX 12. So may wait off on it unless i could use that box for the DIYMA 12 which i doubt since 1 cuft is recommended

Bronze Member
Username: Iwrk4satan

Post Number: 47
I have a ID MAX 12 currently running off a JL 500/1 in a 1.5 cuft sealed box. I've been debating whether to spend some $$$ and go to 2.5 cuft ported. I'm very into SQ, and I don't listen to much rap. I love the tight bass the IDMAX provides, I'm just worried about losing this. I am very intrigued by the ported low end.

Will there be a significant loss in the "tight" SQ bass? And what should I aim for tuning, 30 hz? (And for a quick general question on ported boxes, the tuning frequency is what sounds the loudest, but what happens to frequencies higher and lower?)

Also, is it worth it to upgrade my amp to 800-900 watts RMS? I figure it'd be a lot cheaper to switch to ported to get that extra little bump I've been looking for.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3495
iwrk4satan / This may answer all your questions.

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1227&start=0

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1415

I was the one asking Eric Stevans(ID President) all the questions and he was really good about answering them.

I currently have a 1.5 cuft gross box sitting in my room but still waiting on the ID MAX 12.

Im also going to have a ported box built to 2.5-2.7 cuft @ 28-30hz / I cant wait to try both ways.

Bronze Member
Username: Iwrk4satan

Post Number: 48
Yea, that helped a lot. Would you be able to send me the plan(s) that he designed for you? iwrk4saten@verizon.net.

Also, I bought the same box off of EBay that you posted about in their forums. There was a small scuff on the carpeting at the top of the box, but other than that it is built solid. Sounds excellent sealed. I think I might try the 2.5 ported at 30 hz.

Are you going with woodlawncabinetry.com? If you are, any idea what the estimate is on the box? Or are you planning on building/buying somewhere else?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3503
I may, but i have a guy at a shop thats going to give me a estimate first. I will look for the box he plotted for me.

I have the sealed box you have also but im waiting on a ID MAX 12 still with cardomain. Glad to hear its nice.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3518
Jonathan, Image Dynamics is no longer making the ID MAX's so i have to resort to another subwoofer. At this point im considering the JL 12w6v2 and the JL 15w3v2 and the DIYMA 12 subwoofer you mentioned. The only question is will the DIYMA 12 be as efficiant as the ID MAX 12 ? Sealed or Ported etc...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us