Adding sub=3db, Double power=3db,doing both=6db right

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 507
I have an MB quart raa-1000 and two MB quart Pwe 354 subs.....right now i only have 1 sub....@ 2ohms making my amp put out 500rms watts......Okay with a second sub thats a theoritical 3db gain...Doubling output....right...Okay putting those 2 subs will make my amp a 1ohm load...again double output 1000rms watts right.....so with those two subs will i basically get like 2x as loud as it is NOW.......right nowit hits to the point where i turn it down in certain songs....Hopefully these subs will be in by next week...Outa School for SPRING break.......Upload
Upload

so will my theory be true 2x as loud as it is NOW

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1719
theoretically.

(btw, the goofy chicken kinda makes it hard to pay attention to what your asking above it, lol)

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1275
i believe that if you double the power you only go up another 3db's or something so in reality you will only go up like 6 im not positive on this though

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5553
yes you should see about a 6db gain but 6db's isnt twice as loud. Doubling your output audibly is 8-10 db's.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 855
it will be louder...thats all you have to worry about. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7207
well let me put it 2 u like this since i have same amp like u & a 500wrms sub (2 type Rs actually)
when playing 1 of my subs only its loud enough by man its an earful of difference with 2 subs ,bassline is so much deeper/fuller & resonating .

those mb subs r going very cheap these days so hell ya - buy that other sub now !!!!!......

Silver Member

Post Number: 511
i already have the other one....But the one thats in the car is messed up....these F@GS at bestbuy attemteped to adjust my amp...but only caused it to clip it self to death.....The ride from my Best Buy to home is like 15-20mins...Plus i stopped at sheetz....Only to get home and see the clip light on like it was the power light....these guys are idiots......I thought he might have since.....the guy working on my car had a RE XXX 18 with 2 arc or directed audio amps...Wrong....

Silver Member

Post Number: 512
this thread is being G@Y cuz it wont let me post the second part i had 2 delete it 2 post this...LOL

any way crutchfield i belive is out of PWE 354's i got a 3 year waranty and was wondering whut i can do it...it sound weird from the trunk but inside its straight....the way in will have my trunk done i dont want it sound like trash when i show it off

Silver Member

Post Number: 520
bump for me....I was looking at my trunk and noticed that i have alot of space behind my seat and any "USABLE" space in the trunk....i was going to put the 2 15s there but i thought of this...the bass travels through the seat into the car right so i have my enclousure blocking the bass going into the cabin wont my bass suffer...I would like a answer soon cuz i want to put these on next week...its so hard trying to decide what to do.....cuz i there is only 2 options i have an i find disadvantages in both...LOL.....so what do u guys think.w..

will a sub enclosure block bass coming inside the cabin

Silver Member

Post Number: 532
help me plz

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7284
so what u want 2 do now !? - buy another MB amp or go with completely different subs ? .......

Silver Member

Post Number: 538
no im keeping the subs....my enclousre i was going to put the enclousre directly behind the seats....no will having a wall behind the seat...and package tray...hinder bass from coming inside the cabin......

rovin....i would like to get a "NEW" pwe 354..beascuse the one i currently own is making weird sound......i aslo have a N.I.B (New in box)pwe 354 that i will hook together...

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7300
well imo - i'd say get the other sub & face ur box backwards ,should still sound good...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us