Fiberglass Box Help

Bronze Member
Username: Atxpimpin

Austin, Texas Uniteed states

Post Number: 15
I have three twelve inch Treo TSX's in my trunk, and the box hopps around like a damn bunny rabbit. So I know when you fiberglass you need fiberglass mats and resin to make the fiberglass... bt from exerience those mats are tough to work with, so where should I start.

make a designed wood box and fiberglass over it, or what???

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1722
fiberglass mat will be needed, you can't just use a cloth material for high power subs or it'll crack. you'll need about 7 good layers of mat or just stick with MDF.

what "hopps around like a damn bunny rabbit" exactly?? the whole box or are the sides flexing?? and what makes you think fiberglass will fix either??

if the sides are flexing, brace the inside.
if the box is hopping around, bolt it down.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Oh well the whole box is supposed to be bolted down, but its not done good enough so it moves... not very much. I exaggerated. lol.

But it moves enough to make me feel okay with getting a new one. I like fiberglass and how it looks... and if I knew how to do it I could make it so it wouldnt bounce. Thats really just my secondary priority though. Mainly Im tryin to learn how to make the things. I know about the Fiberglass matts, resin, and the hardener and how to work with those things, but what else do you need to have and do to make one?

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1024
BOLT IT DOWN PROPERLY lol..of course itl move.. u dont wanna do fibreglass unless u plan on spending a whole lot of time on it, plus its a pain in the @ss.. if u wanna try it though its kinda creative u can do alot with it... just dont expect a perfect result the first time.. some other things u will need is a paint brush (numberous paint brushes) just get the cheapest ones u can find cause they just harden up like a rock after u use them.. also a small roller helps to get the matt down flat.. air bubbles are a bad thing... also buy cheap roller that can accept replacement rolls.. fibreglass mold release can come in handy,, masking tape, tin foil to mask off the areas in a vehicle your fibreglassing.. and patience

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 399
http://web.njit.edu/~cas1383/proj/main/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Thanks dudes.

much lovee

« Previous Thread Next Thread »