Ok here it goes i have a problem so i have the CDA-9853 i think its excellent i have majors problems with it but if someone could please help me out with this one issue. I have a 2003 Mitsubishi lancer with the 9853 i have Alpine type S 2-way 6 1/2's in the rear with clarion 6 1/2's 2 way in front i got 2-way speakers because i want all my high and mids in the car and no lows. so here is my problem i dont now how to use the x-crossover properly or the time correction i need to equilize the speaker system out enough to stop having the distorting bass in the car it sounds good but i know it could sound better. i went to Alpine web site to use the I-peronilize but i have no idea what i was doing could someone please help me maybe go to the website adjust the things as needed and send me the file looking at all those number is like looking at german to me so if someone could please help me out with the equilizing of my car that would be awsome.

Username: Josephman

Post Number: 6
ok here it goes i have a problem so i have the CDA-9853 i think its excellent i have majors problems with it but if someone could please help me out with this one issue. I have a 2003 Mitsubishi lancer with the 9853 i have Alpine type S 2-way 6 1/2's in the rear with clarion 6 1/2's 2 way in front i got 2-way speakers because i want all my high and mids in the car and no lows. so here is my problem i dont now how to use the x-crossover properly or the time correction i need to equilize the speaker system out enough to stop having the distorting bass in the car it sounds good but i know it could sound better. i went to Alpine web site to use the I-peronilize but i have no idea what i was doing could someone please help me maybe go to the website adjust the things as needed and send me the file looking at all those number is like looking at german to me so if someone could please help me out with the equilizing of my car that would be awsome.
-Joseph-

Username: Cbtizzy

Fairfax, VA USA

Post Number: 4
I don't know about the site but I think I can tell you off the top of my head how I have mine EQed. Here it goes....

Might look intimidating but this is actually very simple to setup:

-HOLD DIAL DOWN UNTIL THE MENU POPS UP
-FIRST IS THE HIGH AND LOW PASS FILTERS

_ _ _ HPF:_160_ _
_ _ _ LPF:_160_ _

(just turn the dial to select and be sure to press the dial down once, to save each time you select something, the white circle to the left should flash a couple times)

-PRESS MENU
-THE NEXT OPTIONS COME UP, THEY ARE THE BASS FOCUS.

_ _ _Bass Focus:

_ _ _ _front_l/r_I believe is: 58
_ _ _ _rear_l/r _I believe is: 72

(press band to select front/back/left/right and use the dial to select the number, AGAIN press the dial in once to save the setting, Also to tell which set of speakers you're setting the circle to the left lights up Orange on the speakers you are setting)

-NEXT, ONCE YOU'VE SAVED IT, PRESS MENU YOU AGAIN
-NOW IS THE USER'S EQ.

_ _ _USER EQ:
_Buttons Controls:
_ _ _ -Dial selects the left set of number
_ _ _ -Source selects the middle set of numbers
_ _ _ -Back/forward Track Select buttons is used to choose the right set of number
_ _ _ -Band is used to move to each band 1:, 2:, 3:, and 4:

So just use match your head unit up with this little table I made for you.

_ _ _ Left_ _ _ Middle_ _ _Right_ _

1:_ _ _+ 8_ _ _ _ _2_ _ _ _ _90
2:_ _ _+ 3_ _ _ _ _1.5_ _ _ _200
3:_ _ _-10_ _ _ _ _1_ _ _ _ _1K
4:_ _ _+ 6_ _ _ _ _1_ _ _ _ _12.5K

I listen to different kinds of music and I'm very picky on sound quality I've found this to be my general settings, but everytime I switch a cd I do little hear in there, this just gives you a real nice primary EQ that you can start off with. Stick your cd in and from there you make a little adjustments here and there according to your ear.

Also keep in mind that I have a 12 subwoofer. That I pretty much use for about.. I would say 95% of my base. You need some base coming through your speakers or you kinda loose the fullness in your sound. At the same time you don't want too much base or it sounds kinda muddy. And another tip when your EQing your high ends I suggest you start low cause your ears will adapt to the sound quick so if you start out to high you might have this peircing sound from your speakers without even knowing it. This EQ gives you a nice dip look:

_ _ _ _ _ _#_ _ _ _ _#_ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ #_ _ #_ _ #_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ #_ _ _ _ _ _ _

And what you're basically doing is giving it some bass for fullness taking away some of that mid range so that gives it a smooth, warm sound and giving it a good amount of high end or treb, but not too much, to give it some brightness... but not too much.

That's my opinion, my suggestion try it. If you have a descent set of speakers and a descent sub, you should be pleased.

Hope this helps. Do me a favor and reply to my post after you try this out, if you do. I would like to know if this helped at all
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us