Dvc svc problem

Username: Tycobra

Post Number: 1
I am in a predicament. I have two MTX subs. Thunder 4500. Both are 4ohm, 250watts rms, but 1 is svc and the other is dual voice coil. I have a sony xplod 2 x 200w amp that is stable down to 2ohms. Someone said to hook up the dvc in series from one of the 2 channels, and some said to hook up the dvc in parallel from 1 channel. what is the best way to hook this up?

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 384
can you sell the system? jeje you should stay with one of the subs because they won't match at any moment in load impedances so you should sell your system, save some money and buy something else.i really think many people will agree with me

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1016
so 1 is dual 4 ohm and one is single 4 ohm? think your screwed u can hook the dual 4 ohm by wiring it in parallel to one channel , cant really do anything with the single 4 ohm

Post Number: 2
I'm gonna try it in series 1st with the lower power 8ohm situation. Selling is definitely in the plans, any buyers? hah

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1715
if one is DVC 4 ohm and one is SVC 4 ohm, then wire the DVC one in series, then wire both subs together for a 4 ohm final load on the amp.

other two options are 6 ohms or 1.33 ohms.

most all 2 channel amps, when bridged, will only be stable at a 4 ohm load or higher.

Post Number: 3
wire them together how? You mean like if I had 3 subs?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1726
yes, basically.

Post Number: 4
Okay, I installed all this crap in a single reflex band pass box and it totally worked. I wired the dvc sub in series off the left channel and the svc regular on the right channel. I was shocked, they both hit with the same intensity. I figured that since I was wiring the dvc sub in series I would get half the power to each coil which is 100 watts per coil x 2 coils = 200 watts. The other is at 200 because that's what the amp puts out at 4ohms regularly. I hope I help some one else in a similar predicament. I'll let ya'll know if it blows up someday.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us