Money No Object, SQ main object

Username: Mrarmyant

Post Number: 6
Money not being an object (ok, less than 3500) for 3 subwoofers, wither 10" or 12" with the scanspeak aero vents for half the impeadence, with .93 cu ft space per box, 7.5 mounting depth, and maybe the third amp in my center console. I also need 2 pair of 6.5 components with seperate tweeters.
I also need amps. I get infinity dirt cheap (kappa perfect 10.1d's for 75 dollars, perfect 6.1's for 185, 1300watt rms amp for 245)
I need the best sq with lots of spl for components, 4x6's, subs, amp, and head unit. TYhe nakimichi's look nice, and since I stem off of proffesional home theater the name would say a lot to me. Also they don't look physicaly cheap, where as pioneers and alpines sound good but the faceplate just seems cheaply made.

List recomended brands/price

volume for all components is important, but theres no need for more base than what the components can do. so SQ is most important.

Bronze Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 73
If there is no need for extra "base"(its bass idiot), why are you getting subs? Thats what they are for douchebag.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 943
He's just asking a question. You don't have to get nasty. BTW where is Crowder?

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2166
demon pride, why are u giving him a hard time? huh
if u will look what he said he stated that he didnt want BASS that will rule the COMPONENTS.
anyways
taylor, if u can get infinity dirt cheap then get 3 10 inch kappa perfect 10.1d's...3 infinity amps to suit and sum kappa perfect components(6.5's preferably).
for a head unit get either eclipse, kenwood, clarion, alpine

Post Number: 7
Sorry on the mispelled word. You are a jerk, aren't you? No extra bass means not anymore than what is supposed to be heard, mr audiophile. If you weren't supposed to hear peoples voices in songs and just hear the baseline they would have recorded it that way.

Post Number: 8
Thank you for all that helped out. Do you see a reason why JL W7's would be that much better or Boston Acoustic's components? I'll be out in Oklhoma soon too, proud Sooner. Originally from Dallas...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2169
yea taylor that understandable...im assuming ur in college.
but il throw u together a good system that will suit ur needs real quick

Post Number: 9
I'm actually a senior in highschool right now, work at magnolia home theater, youngest employee they've hired. I've done a lot of car installs, just never outside of the brands that my stores have sold, and I know there's better out there than what I work with (we just started carrying infinity for car-fi, MHT is owned by best buy), but I just haven't had a chance to play with or hear a whole lot of other equitment. I like being able to test different drivers under different conditions, etc., but its hard to do when no one has more than 2 or 3 vendors who each represent three companies (directed comes to mind) and be able to compare them all together.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2170
well here is sum good top quality equipment.
http://www.ascendantaudio.com/arsenal12specs.html
^^Sub
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/3284
^^amp
www.reaudio.com
get the RE XXX components
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/3727
for the components.
and get pretty much any HU from the brands i listed and u have a nice little system.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1270
I would have to say either get a w6v2 or a idmax because you want sq and these are possibly the top 2 for sq if i were you i would go with the 2 12" w6v2's and a jl 1000/1 then just some really nice comp speakers a pioneer premier hu or a alpine hu then you could build your own box but you would ahve to most likely buy a ho alt because a 1000/1 will possibly be to much for a stock alt especially with a amp for the comp speakers

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 849
if you want a straight SQ set up go with 1 15" treo SSi sealed with a zapco 1100.1 amp. then get the dynaudio 360 component set with a zapco 750.2 amp and a HO alternator. should be under 3500 but im too lazy to check. also get a professional install unless you have some experience.

ive heard this setup in 2 differnt cars (g35 infinity and a porsche cayenne)it will blow your mind. i promise.

Post Number: 10
Blimey a 15 wont fit under the seat of an extended cab silverado. But if its good enough for a cayenne its sure as hell good enough for me.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3543
here is what i would get.

2 12" treo ssi
2 jl audio 1000/1
1 jl audio 450/4
focal utopia 165w component set
boston accostic sl95 6 x 9 rearfill
pioneer premier HU

that setup should boom, bump, rock or whatever you want to call it. lol.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 850
2 12s would also work. chads got a nice little set up there as well but i would forget rear fill you wont need it nor do you want it.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3544
lol jake. i just posted my system. i will be getting the focal utopia comps tuesday. i think those comps will sound awesome.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 851
nice nice i havent heard them in a car only a sound room. tell us how it goes.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 577
if looking for soley SQ I would get a something like the Phase Aliante or I think the Seas subwoofer. Also look into something like 4 8in subwoofers in a sealed box. Won't get you heard from blocks away but the SQ would be very tight nd clean. maybe some new RL-i 8s from Soundsplinter when they come out.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3476
What about a ID MAX 10 in a low tuned ported box off a JL 500/1 or a class ab amp.

I am considering a 10 or 12 at this point for my own SQ setup. You could go sealed or low tuned ported.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us