What do you think

Silver Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 122
wich would be loudest but still hold great sq
2 idmax 12's or 2 re se 15's (each sub being powered by a jl 500.1)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7185
an idamx is rated 1000wrms but really 800 will do it fine
SE rated @ 600

so if u have 2 500/1 - IMO it would make more sense getting the SE ........

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4757
Loud enough is loud enough to me so id pick the 2 id max's and stick with the single jl 500 amplifier and give your alternator an easier time

Gold Member

Post Number: 4758
opps i didnt see you were open to the idea of two jl amplifiers although personally id do a jl 1000 at that point and save some cash over 2 jl 500's

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3468
sean is absolutly right on this one.

The ID MAX 12 sounds really good even with 150 watts to it a piece.

2 ID MAX 12's off a JL 500/1 or 1000/1 whould work well because of how efficiant they are. Dont need alot of power to perform well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4759
(Thanks MO) Gage ware with 1000 watts of power be committed to upgrading the alternator for sure especially considering that doesnt include any draw from other amplifiers for mids and highs to keep in balance with the rest of the system.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3470
no problem, sean here is my setup which is ready for a ID MAX 12

Arc Audio 1500-XXK to the ID MAX 12 D2 V.3
900 x 1 @ 4 ohm bridged

Im also running a ppi a600.2 for my CDT HD62's up front.

Im kind of thinking of changing the amp to a JL 500/1 to cause less stress on the charging sytem.

I was planning to get a HO alternator but im not sure now. What do you think since i already have the 1500 amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4760
Well Mo id say upgrade the alternator especially since buying another amplifier costs money and reselling an amplifier you already own usually means youllloose money on it. Not to mention the fact that lowering your power also means less loudness something im not sure youll adapt to easily after being used to what you had before. Also there is always the option of lowering your amplifiers gain so that it draws less from your cars charging system as well. Doing that with a more powerfull amplifier will also improve the aspects of sound quality and reliability id assume.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4761
Sometimes I wonder if many of us on this forum look at this hobby as a once and done thing or do we continually look to buy new things not realizing how much money we are wasting. Ive been guilty of this in the past but I know im going to stop and think about what I want and why but for me most of all is to remember why i built a system in the first place (to enjoy the music expereince) and do it in a responsible way both for me and my hearing and to respect others when im out and about driving.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4762
just thought id add this as my thought of the day (smiles)

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 626
some people keep upgrading because at first they really like their system and it sounds great to them. but over time this fades away maybe because their standards get higher or they build a so called tollerance for their system then want to upgrade from that.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3471
Your right sean. But i got the arc audio 1500-xxk for $300 only :-) / i havent used it yet since im waiting on the ID MAX 12. Ill see how it works out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4766
cool man let me know what you find out

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
hey rovin actually i think its rated at 600 rms and 1000max rms whatever that means

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
oh and i am thinking about upgrading my alt just dont know how muchs amps to get and i want to get a 300/4 or 450/4 for my speakers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us