Ipod Interface

Username: Kksh

Post Number: 2
Hi,
I've just purchased an PXP02 Ipod interface and it charges and plays through my Pioneer DEH-P580MP but I can't control it through the head unit's controls. Is there anything that I've over looked?
I've got a 6GB Ipod Mini by the way.

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 249
is it supposed to be compatible with that specific pioneer model head unit? rtm(read the manual)?

Post Number: 3
Well, it is suppose to work with the OEM CD-IB100 Ipod adaptor by pioneer. The cable I got should work in the same way albeit from a different manufacturer. I've shot them an email but havne't got a reply yet.

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 42
I couldn't find a whole lot of info on that cable, where did you get it? From what I could tell, it doesn't look like it allows for interface with the HU, just charging and playback. I have the standard Pioneer version of that deck (deh-p5800mp) and I've always thought deck controls for the iPod were over rated, I just use the PIE PIO/P-RCA Adapter.

This was the only site I could find with any info on the PXP02, and it doesn't mention HU control interface:
http://www.installer-data.com/item/display_item.php?it=pxp02

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1880
that radio has limited control and features with even the pioneer piece, you have to see owners manual for what it will actually control with the headunit.

Post Number: 4
The sh1tty thing is that it didn't come with a manual. I got it off some site on the net. Well, i'll just have to think of it as an input and charger and not as a controller.

Thanks for all your help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us