9855 now or p780mp soon?

Bronze Member
Username: Bigsim

Post Number: 32
Ok, I've been shopping for a system for a long time, and now that I've finally decided what I want, they don't seem to be listing the stuff I want on ebay anymore. I was going to get a premier p860mp originally, but they're a pain to come by new these days (I'm shipping to Australia so used is a bit too risky) but I thought I may as well wait it out and get a p780mp, coz from what I understand, they're basically the same but a lot prettier :-) and they're supposed to be released April.

I've had jack of waiting, but, so if the 780 doesn't come out within the next 2 weeks or so (on ebay, or somewhere cheap online, that is) I'm just gonna settle on something else, whether it be a p680mp (I know they're a fairly big step down) or an Alpine 9855.

Does anyone have any info on the Pioneer HU that might be useful for me (ie release date)?

Bronze Member
Username: Slaya

Post Number: 41
Aren't they already out?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16654

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Hmm, it looks like it from that. They're not on ebay yet but, and sites like crutchfield and others have them listed, but "ship date uncertain". Oh well, it must be soon, I guess I'll have to be patient for a bit longer.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1713
no, they aren't out yet. Onlinecarstereo is one of thoes sites who sell stuff they don't even have. take your money, then tell you a week later its gonna be another week or two..blah blah blah...and in the end, you've wasted your time and either get lucky and get the item, or end up getting your money back. big pain in the a/ss.

i'm waiting on one of thoes 7800's too, suppose to be out soon, but who knows. its really annoying.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
I hear ya :-( I'm sure it'll be worth the wait but.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 220
I sent Pioneer an email on this very subject on Friday. As soon as I get an answer I'll post it here.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 221
Just got an email back from Pioneer...the DEH-P780MP & the DEH-7800MP will be available sometime between late this month until early May....no exact date
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us