New 2006 XXX install in Mustang NICE

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 495
http://fresnoracing.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=26519

Thought it was gonna be some cheap Knock off sub with the same name....Tell i saw 13" of sub sticking from the floor of the trunk.....wish i could afford to do that 2 my car......LOL....wonder whut it sounds like.....HEY how do u think it compares to the old XXX 18 yeah big size diff...but how close is the output of the new xxx 12 to an old 18 or is event that much better....i doubt it but thats the only RE sub that i have ever heard....and boy wuz it LOUD.....

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3523
man that looks sick. his car is awesome. he has a nice sub. but whats with that head unit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 496
u dont like that H/U............Y......It has a tiny puny little small 3" screen....yes LOL....but other than that its decent i think........its also expensive........

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3524
my friend has that HU. i liked it until i heard it. it didn't sound to well. he didn't like it either so he reinstalled his pio 8600mp and it sounded much better.

also you would think a guy with that car can afford an awesome HU.

Bronze Member
Username: Chevy4life

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 29
would that same sun be too much in a extended cab truck? way to loud or possible?

Bronze Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 30
sorry "sub" lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 502
chevy 4life whut r u talking about

Bronze Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 31
a re xxx in a truck. that might be way to crazy?

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1014
yeh the chevy would fall apart at higher volumes

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 177
myb looks pretty but propbley sounds @$$$

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 406
man... that is totaly awesome.... allthough the HU looks clean... if it sounds like butkus than why even right....

Gold Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1017
yeh kinda strange enclosure.. 2.7 tuned to 42 hz.. i woulda gone sealed..

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 852
im either getting a saleen or the new shelby mustang this summer...its nice having connections with ford haha.

yeah i dont care for that enclosure, looks nice but 42hz???????

Gold Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1020
ahh b@stard...too bad ford got rid of SVT.. saleens and roushes are so expensive compared to the price that the cobras were.. which model you gettin?

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 853
right now im leaning towards the saleen S281 coupe 3 valve. im going to have it painted all white white two blue racing stripes down the middle. id love to get the supercharged but my insurance would be unbearable because im 17 years old.

ill probably go with either the saleen rims or maybe some chrome aftermarket rims...not sure yet and dark tints on the windows.

Silver Member

Post Number: 503
jake u parents must b loaded....LOL....or u sell Upload LOL j/k but for real it seems like alot of people ar younger than i though on this forum........But Chevy4 life.....That First post u had was NOT on here....earlier thats y i asked whut are u talking about.......I swear....whuts up with this site...it does some weird stuff....LOL...But i still love ECOUSTICS.....

Bronze Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 32
ya no prob. i really want these re xxx subs now and ill have enough money in a month or so. im just tryin to figure out all the details, ya know.i want like 2 xxx that would probably be to loud for the interior so i could put them in my truck box, its sealed with cover.

Gold Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1025
dude if youre 17 even on a normal mustang gt your rates are gonna be sick.. the car is gonna cost you like 6 grand a year with collision and all teh stuff u will ant to get on that car ,,litterally

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 856
my mountaineer now is 4k a year and they said the mustang would be around 6-6 1/2. i dont think ill do too much to the engine because it comes with a pretty good purr already.

Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 6
my uncle has an 06 mustang gt they are pretty bad when you think 300 horses you dont think of much because of what everything else has but when you get in it its a different story hes managed to bark his tires in 4th gear and topped his 155mph speedometer out so he dont know how fast it goes for a 17 yr old a gt is plenty of power for you the shelby will be insane they are using parts from the ford gt on the shelby

Bronze Member
Username: Inafia

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 15
somebody please post the pics on this thread? for those of us in school with WEB filters that cant go the site.

Silver Member

Post Number: 519
use this website...we use it here it goes around the filters....prolly gonna get blocked too...LOL...

backfox.com

Bronze Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 13
i can go to it too but none of the pics are working

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 608
"my uncle has an 06 mustang gt they are pretty bad when you think 300 horses you dont think of much because of what everything else has but when you get in it its a different story hes managed to bark his tires in 4th gear and topped his 155mph speedometer out so he dont know how fast it goes"

I took the new mustang GT for a spin, had the tires screaming and the front cocked slightly to the side (fun, but not good for performance) all the way through first and ran out of room for second (in a best buy parking lot). It does feel like every horse is making it to the ground. I made the tires break loose any time I put the power down. I was very impressed... It's not nearly as nice as the 300 in the STi, but I would say the new GT is far superior to 2002 and older Cobra's.

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 609
The new interior is what set's it so far ahead of older stangs...

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 857
the saleen has a little over 330hp that is more than enough for me. i might add a few things to the engine but nothing to drastic.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 866
i just test drove a Roush stage 2 GT today and it was very impressive. so far i have been very happy all of the new Mustangs ive driven.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11506
umm, your uncle is lying to you. he didn't top out a 155MPH speedo in a stock GT.

05-06 Mustang GT specs:

Horsepower : 300 hp @ 5750 rpm
Torque : 320 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm
Redline : 6250 rpm

Top speed : 143 mph
0-60 mph : 5.1 sec.(manual)
0-¼ mile : 13.9 sec @ 104.0 mph
60-0 braking distance : 120 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.87 g
Curb Weight : 3518 lbs(coupe)

http://www.modernracer.com/fordmustanggt2005.html

not a bad car for the price, in spite of being a Ford.

Silver Member

Post Number: 537
and that 143mph top speed was done on a top speed course.....and prolly took...2 miles to do that......top speed doesnt matter....none of us are ever going to go that fast...what matters is acceleartion......id rather have a car that can only do 120.....but still run 6.90's through the eight mile...sorta like my dads car.....than a 200mph that runs 9-8's in the eighth....

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3638
"not a bad car for the price, in spite of being a Ford."

why don't you like ford glasswolf?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2313
"not a bad car for the price, in spite of being a Ford."

whats so special about f.o.r.d again?
:-)I forgot....

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 883
whats so special is that we get around half off because of my grandpa.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us