Pioneer DEH-P480MP vs DEH-P680MP

Bronze Member
Username: Slaya

Post Number: 34
130$ - DEH-P480MP (4v preout, 3band eq)
195$ - DEH-P680MP (4v preout, Subwoofer Direct Control Key, 7band eq, Auto Slide Motorized, OEL display)

I'm going to order tonight or as soon as I can decide between the two.

What is the sound quality difference between the two?
How much different is the 3band EQ compared to the 7band?
Is the Subwoofer direct controll key usefull?

Should I spend the extra money and the the 680, or go cheap and get teh 480? what would you get?

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1871
if your running subs, use the 680

Username: Paogr

AthensGreece

Post Number: 9
I bought the 4800MP (not the premier) and has Subwoofer Direct Control Key too. Great for the money.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Yea, I got my brother the 4800 a few days ago, it's pretty nice. the premeir version (480) doesn't have the subwoofer controll, but instead has 4v preouts.

nice unit indeed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1873
the 480 has to have the same stuff as the 4800, it just should have longer warranty and better preouts.. and it does not have the direct sub key but it does have subwoofer control,it is contoled though the subwoofer seetings on radio, same as the 4800. it is a better radio because of the preouts....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Hrm, I only said that because it's listed like that on Pioneer's website.. take a look. I'm not saying your wrong, but if Pioneer themself says it maybe thats the way they made it..

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3464
actually the deh-p680mp is only 2.5V preouts. You can check that on pioneeres site or any othersite. The DEH-p480mp is 4V preouts which is funny since its a lower model.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
2076_4041_291094587_tab=B%2C00.html?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent,http://w ww.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4041_291094587_tab=B,00.htm l?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent

Right there, on Pioneer's website it says:
Preout Voltage & Impedance Hi-Volt (4V), 100 Ohm

THat is for the 680MP

Gold Member

Post Number: 1878
the only differnce in the 480 and 4800 is the direct contol key and voltage preout and warranty and maybe some graphics. the subs are controlled by the same sub eq on the radio, settings are the same. regardless whether you use the direct key or manualy go into the subwoofer control settings, the end result will be the same.... big jump from 480 to 680 mainly graphic and eq adjustments

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
thanks, i knew the differences between the 480 and 4800. I didn't know that both could actually controll the sub with the same results though.

I think i'm going to be getting the 680, I just need 10$ in my paypal!! damn..

Anyone interested in a deh-2700 great condition, comes with box and everything for 55$ shipped

or

Rio carbon used for about a week with box and everything (comes with Koss "The Plug" headphones) just NO MICRODRIVE, you could buy one from ebay for cheap and have a perfect mp3 player. 35$+shipping

---
Still keep this thread going though :-) i'm not 100% on my decision.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
well I bought the 680, 200$ shipped on ebay.

I'll let ya know how it goes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us