What components

Silver Member
Username: Jarryd2018

Post Number: 113
i want some 6.5" components to go in my front doors in my mustang. i have an alpine mrp t220 amp to power whatever i get but i have no idea what to use. ill most likely have a 12" brahma or something similar this summer. when i get the components ill be moving my infinity reference 5x7 coaxials to the back so i need something that will sound really clear and be loud enough not to be overpowered by the bass. any suggestions? im wanting to spend about $200.

im looking at a set of focal polyglass comps on ebay right now but i dont really know anything about them other than they are really expensive if you dont get them on ebay.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1690
whats the power on that amp??

i wouldn't get the Focals. i was thinking about getting a set a while back, but heard they sound pretty bad and are very hard to tune the tweeters so they aren't so harsh.

for about $200, i'd look on ebay for a set of Infinity reference or Kappas, Polk MOMO's or maby Alpine Type R or X comps. not totally sure on prices, all deceint sets.

you should really try and go listen to them and see which you like best. sound is subjective and you will be the one listening to it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
the power on the amp is
RMS Power at 4 Ohms 50 W x 2

RMS Power at 2 Ohms 70 W x 2
of all the speakers you listed, which ones would be best for that amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
are the infinity kappas much better than the reference speakers? because i can get the referenc 6.5 components for like 120 shipped.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 566
50rms is not much for the components. Infinity ref is only so so not that great. I would invest in a bigger powerful amp and then components.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5914
http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=2973889.16622&pid=2129

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5915
They're 5.5", but the midbass will be just as good as any component set you'd normally get for that price.

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
couldnt i wire them to 2 ohms and get 70 rms? ill eventually get a nice 4 channel amp but for now this is all ive got. i dont make a lot of money so i have to do the best i can.

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
ive never heard of those madisound speakers before. i know it would be easier to make those fit, does anyone have any experience with them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us