Replacing Alpine TypeR 12

Username: Stick1

Post Number: 1
My first post on this forum, been reading for awhile, great info, but I need some specific help. I need to replace and Alpine TypeR 12. Only had it for about a year and the rubber has seperated from the cone. I'm looking for a different brand and I'm open to suggestions. I will be pushing it with a Alpine M301. It a one channel amp, I think its 175w at 4ohms, or 350 at 2ohms. I'm looking at $200-300. I was thinking about Boston Acoustic, but nothing definite. I think I need something pretty strong at the point of cone-to-rubber. I seem to have gift for tearing that part up. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7176
buy the 4ohms dvc version of this >>>>>>

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12511

Post Number: 3
It's kinda funny that the first repsonse was JL. I see that alot on this forum. I have never even seen JL's in person, but I've heard they are very nice speakers. How are they for sound range? I had some kickers awhile back and they hit hard but sound range wasn't that good. I don't really listen to hip-hop, mostly rock. Also, dual 4ohm would make it a 2ohm load, would that be a problem. Speaker=300, Amp=350. Thanks

Post Number: 4
How would the JL compare to a Boston Acoustic G212?

Silver Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 119
lol no contest jl hands down

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 569
Get some ED Kv.2 series. Best bang for the buck and will do well off the power.

Post Number: 6
Never heard of ED. Checked out there website, numbers look good. Do you have them? What else can you compare them too?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us