Mounting amp on sub box?

Bronze Member
Username: Niteshift76

Post Number: 15
I have heard that it is not good to mount an amp to a sub box because of vibration, but I have limited space to place the amp will this damage the amp??

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1685
as long as the box is well braced, its ok. may be a good idea to mount another piece of wood to box, then amp to it to make sure.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
thanks for the input

Username: Wesman

Post Number: 4
Is it difficult to mount the box to your car. I am afraid to drill into my car. I have a Mitsubishi lancer 2000

also what are the things that cause damage to a amp which is mounted on the box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
well I have heard of people saying that over time constant vibration will shake internal parts loose and kill amps early

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1689
vibration can break solder joints.

you can use L brackets to screw or bolt the box down inside the trunk. or just go straight through the bottom of the box itself. depends on box and all though. just watch out for wires, lines and the fuel tank.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 739
the good thing to do justin would be to get a peice of wood and stick it to the box and then on top of the perice of wood, put some foamy stuff to absorb the vibrations so your amp doesnt. then mount the amp on top of the foam type substance.

Bronze Member
Username: Sweatyogre

PA USA

Post Number: 34
What do you guys suggest to mount the amp to the sub box? I recently mounted mine with bolts.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1700
screws can back out with the vibration, but if they do, then you shouldn't have your amp mounted there.

bolts are kinda over kill unless they are some special kind to try and keep it from getting stolen.

Bronze Member
Username: Bad_azz_bowtie

Post Number: 17
when i put my amp to my sub box it screwed something up in my amp... not a good idea!!!

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3547
i had to mount one of my amp to the box cause of space too. so i mounted on a piece piece of board first and i put a couple of layers of edead on the board. after that i used locking washers for each of the four screws that i used to mount the amp to it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us